• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

npthaiduong

Thank you for your insights and information. I already got my selection letter back in February, so I hope that I will get commissioned soon!

As for the drills, do you wear civilian casual attires when you attending these drills (prior to ODS)?

RJS

I was selected in Sep and commissioned Feb 9th. Immediately pinged the NRC DCO sponsor as I was told they should be coordinating my classes and not my unit. We submitted for the seats awhile back and they were disapproved and then resubmitted and I was put on a waitlist.
So, if you are "NEW" to the reserves through DCO, disapprovals come in the form of not having a body composition assessment (BCA) on file for submission to the schoolhouse. It must be documented as "PASS" to get your seat. I know...it's a hassle. But you've got to get it done before they give you your seat.

njac35

So, if you are "NEW" to the reserves through DCO, disapprovals come in the form of not having a body composition assessment (BCA) on file for submission to the schoolhouse. It must be documented as "PASS" to get your seat. I know...it's a hassle. But you've got to get it done before they give you your seat.
I was an E6 in the reserves prior to selection. Entrs literally said disapproved due to zero seats. The second request said wait-list due to zero seats. Different class dates though.

RJS

Thank you for your insights and information. I already got my selection letter back in February, so I hope that I will get commissioned soon!

As for the drills, do you wear civilian casual attires when you attending these drills (prior to ODS)?
You may wear civilian attire to drills until you are be able to access the Navy Exchange (NEX). You should already have your CAC to do so. You should check with your unit to see what uniform that are drilling in. Most likely, it will be the NWU. Utilize the NEX webpage or download the MyNavyUNIFORM app for guidance.

A personal note from me: I took the opportunity to purchase uniform pieces leading up to ODS. That way I didn't have to spend close to the $2,500 needed for a full seabag.

RJS

I was an E6 in the reserves prior to selection. Entrs literally said disapproved due to zero seats. The second request said wait-list due to zero seats. Different class dates though.
Yes. I see all classes as being full except for the one I'm in. If you can get your NRC to try and expedite you into the 23040 class, it'll be your only chance at getting passed the waitlist. My colleague commissioned with me and was able to get in the January class (completed 24 Feb) within a few weeks. Unless you can't get out of work or have some other commitments, I'd go for it if I were you.

number9

Contributor
I was told that reservists only get a certain number of slots for each ODS class... so a class may not be full to AD students, but it *is* full to SELRES. Keep this in mind if you're relying on CANTRAC to tell you if the class is full or not.

RJS

I’m at ODS now. Shoot any questions my way and I’ll answer as soon as I can. ??

number9

Contributor
Enjoy the class, and more importantly - enjoy your classmates. I made some amazing friends in the space of 5 weeks.

Chief Thomas was great, and I found his sense of humor hilarious. He thinks he isn't actually funny at all, which made it even better...

number9

Contributor
One thing I've never understood well is how the good and/or satisfactory year stuff works in regards to annual training that conflicts with drill weekends.

I missed one DWE because I was at ODS. I'm pretty sure my unit just marked me down as AA, but do I get some kind of dispensation (e.g. I actually get credit, but not pay) because I was doing ADT at the time?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 8.56.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 8.56.29 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Rudy.30

One thing I've never understood well is how the good and/or satisfactory year stuff works in regards to annual training that conflicts with drill weekends.

I missed one DWE because I was at ODS. I'm pretty sure my unit just marked me down as AA, but do I get some kind of dispensation (e.g. I actually get credit, but not pay) because I was doing ADT at the time?
You can’t get double credit for the same day. You technically got credit for those days while on ADT. IDT and AT/ADT are very different. You should have rescheduled those DWE’s that you would have missed to a later date. If you missed one DWE you do not have to worry about not having a good year so don’t worry about that.

You also have the option to put in for non paid drills as needed to get more points just work with your NRC and your chain of command.