• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

I would say it depends on what your orders say. If your report date allows time to go home then make a judgement call and go. But…me mindful of travel days to reporting.
Cool thanks. Do you know if I have to use leave days to go home?

Are you AD or reserves/ Have you gone through ODS yet? I’m looking forward to it but also pretty nervous!

RJS

Cool thanks. Are you AD or reserves? Have you gone through ODS yet? I’m looking forward to it but also pretty nervous!
I am Reserves and went through ODS back in April. No need to be nervous. I think you’ll have fun if everyone buys into it. But sometimes…that’s not the case. Though there are YouTube videos going over the experience, I’d say try and leave some of it for surprise. Lol. You’ll be fine.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi,

I’m active duty attending ODS in October. I understand that I will be going to Navy Med 101 for one week after that in Bethesda. Once that’s done, if my first duty station is overseas, do I get flown straight there or do I have a few days to go home in between? I’m not prior service so I don’t know much of anything yet. Any help would be great!

No need to ask the same question multiple times…

I did because y’all said I put it in the wrong forum. Yikes.

RJS

Quick question: Are you purposely going around looking for these message types? Because man…this is getting outright He-Larry-Us. It’s a forum so…I expect the question to be asked in multiple threads. ? To say the least, you are on a roll with these responses man. I mean GOOD?️NESS

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Quick question: Are you purposely going around looking for these message types? Because man…this is getting outright He-Larry-Us. It’s a forum so…I expect the question to be asked in multiple threads. ? To say the least, you are on a roll with these responses man. I mean GOOD?️NESS

My beef is the fact he has asked the same question multiple times and has been told multiple times it's going to depend on his orders + ask his sponsor. Maybe he's under the impression that if he keeps asking a dozen times that he'll get the actual answer...

Jp222

Anyone gone or going through ODS with dependents? Wondering how that will affect BAH (or any other pay?). I go to ODS in 2 months and am trying to get wife and kids into the system. Working on collecting required documents and getting them onto base for processing currently...

RJS

Anyone gone or going through ODS with dependents? Wondering how that will affect BAH (or any other pay?). I go to ODS in 2 months and am trying to get wife and kids into the system. Working on collecting required documents and getting them onto base for processing currently...
You’ll receive BAH for your dependents while at ODS. That’s as long as they are in the system and confirmed through the Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS). This is where you will complete the Record of Emergency Data (RED) and Dependency Application (DA). Make sure you reach out (suggested to go physically) to your NRC for assistance.

With 2 months left before attending, you need to get this completed ASAP. RED/DA needs to be verified a few days before you attend ODS so as to not experience any delays in pay.

number9

Contributor
As RJS said, do this ASAP. It can often take your NRC a while to get the paperwork processed on their end.

From memory you need to go into NSIPS, create a new RED/DA request, upload your marriage certificate, upload your kids' birth certificates, and submit it. Then the NRC needs to sign off on the RED/DA request itself.

Jp222

As RJS said, do this ASAP. It can often take your NRC a while to get the paperwork processed on their end.

From memory you need to go into NSIPS, create a new RED/DA request, upload your marriage certificate, upload your kids' birth certificates, and submit it. Then the NRC needs to sign off on the RED/DA request itself.
I was planning to bring the documents to my local PSD on base and have them upload everything. Is it smarter to upload documents myself? Still awaiting marriage certificate in the mail. Evidently I never got an "official" license...

number9

Contributor
I was planning to bring the documents to my local PSD on base and have them upload everything. Is it smarter to upload documents myself? Still awaiting marriage certificate in the mail. Evidently I never got an "official" license...
I honestly don't know the answer to that. If you're got a working CAC and can get into NSIPS yourself, I would say "do as much of the legwork yourself as you can". My NRC is grossly undermanned, but yours may be different.

RJS

I honestly don't know the answer to that. If you're got a working CAC and can get into NSIPS yourself, I would say "do as much of the legwork yourself as you can". My NRC is grossly undermanned, but yours may be different.
I concur. Definitely undermanned and struggling with simple things like tending to members flank speed access. I helped 3 of my sailors with minute things like just changing their emails via RAPIDS. And I'm not even IT. Crazy man. Lol

It was a quicker process to getting things through. You may want to at least upload the birth certificates to verify your kiddos. However, I don't know how that works out when answering questions on custody of them if you are married.

AU_Aviation

If you can get everything together and head to a local CAC office, then I would go that route. You can get a bunch of the information completed yourself online in regards to entering in the dependants, but you will need to provide copies of the birth certificates, marriage license, and so forth. If you have them in pdf form, then you can upload them within NSIPS.

For me personally, when I went to ODS back in March my kid were listed, but I haven't provided copies of the birth certificates yet. My pay wasn't affected at all since it showed I had the correct number of dependents within the payroll system. I plan to go to the local office and have them scan the documents into the system since I have paper copies and not pdfs.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

If you can get everything together and head to a local CAC office, then I would go that route. You can get a bunch of the information completed yourself online in regards to entering in the dependants, but you will need to provide copies of the birth certificates, marriage license, and so forth. If you have them in pdf form, then you can upload them within NSIPS.

For me personally, when I went to ODS back in March my kid were listed, but I haven't provided copies of the birth certificates yet. My pay wasn't affected at all since it showed I had the correct number of dependents within the payroll system. I plan to go to the local office and have them scan the documents into the system since I have paper copies and not pdfs.
March? What class were you in? 23030 or 23040?