• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

Seeing that my birthday is April would you recommend I leave my packet in (turn 27)? Recruiter informed me that my packet was submitted 2 days ago, but doesn't answer any of my questions regarding the the next boards, nor did he know of these past boards. I'm meeting with the OSO soon, but a little advice about leaving my packet in would be much appreciated. I'm inclined to leave it in, but I wanna know if I have a decent chance of at least knowing I gave it my best shot for applying for SNA/NFO and was not crossed out because of age. Believe me, I try to discuss with my recruiter as often as questions arise but there are relatively few answers he can supply. Information is the best thing I can equip myself with given the current situation and that of others in a similar dilemma.

Thanks Airwarriors Community!

leave it in, it won't hurt anything.

JNavMyers

I've been an aviation nut pretty much my whole life and have been simming since I was probably 7 or 8, and before I took the ASTB, I tried to replicate some of the PBM test on my own by flying the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Red Bull stunt course and listening to audio files with random letters and numbers in each channel. I honestly don't feel like any of it helped at all. The PBM just feels like pure chaos at times. I really don't think it's even testing your hand/eye coordination and attention dividing skills so much as it's just testing your ability to just not completely freak out and give up. That section is more of a stress test than an aptitude test, in my opinion.
Agreed. It was somewhat stressful when I took it! I believe they intentionally made it stressful for the reasons you stated.

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
@nnneyugn I'm prior service. I got word on Thursday about my Pro Rec Y.

Thanks for the reply @HighAngleHell Just got off the phone and received word that I was PRO REC Y for SNFO also

Btw, I was reading up on the process and I was given two sets of information.

Forum: After PRO REC Y (first vote), your records get sent to be evaluated for the PQ (second vote)
Recruiter: I asked him about this process and he informed me that after the whole process (Wait to FINSEL), they send me to OSC with my records where they do the PQ

Tobe

Thanks for the reply @HighAngleHell Just got off the phone and received word that I was PRO REC Y for SNFO also

Forum: After PRO REC Y (first vote), your records get sent to be evaluated for the PQ (second vote)
Recruiter: I asked him about this process and he informed me that after the whole process (Wait to FINSEL), they send me to OSC with my records where they do the PQ

After pro rec y, you wait for the FINSELECT letter which contains your date for OCS.

exNavyOffRec

you have to be PQ to have you application sent to board, so that is done, and it isn't a vote, that term is wrong, it is just making sure all documents are in order.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Anyone got an overunder on how long it'll take for a FINSEL letter? I know there's no real point (Big Navy lets you go when it says so), but still it would be great to know some length of time.

I know there's a medical and paperwork check. Is there also a security background check for Aviation as well?

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
you have to be PQ to have you application sent to board, so that is done, and it isn't a vote, that term is wrong, it is just making sure all documents are in order.

Thanks for the confirmation. I should have put two and two together when everything went smooth at MEPS

Anyone got an overunder on how long it'll take for a FINSEL letter? I know there's no real point (Big Navy lets you go when it says so), but still it would be great to know some length of time.

I know there's a medical and paperwork check. Is there also a security background check for Aviation as well?

You can get a good estimation if you cross reference when people got their PRO REC Y and when they got their class date in the FINSEL in the OSC Class Dates and Information.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
You can get a good estimation if you cross reference when people got their PRO REC Y and when they got their class date in the FINSEL in the OSC Class Dates and Information.

That's just the thing - I've been looking through the Purgatory thread (may we process quickly), and I've seen everything from a few weeks (one got his FINSEL almost immediately, and got to OCS not too long after) to around 4 months. I know that INTEL Pro-Recs usually wait around 6 months (due to the combined review and background check), and usually Aviation's much faster. I heard before that the average might be about 2 months, but I can't confirm that, given that I can't find it anymore.

SoopurHero816

Just got the call, PRO-REC Y for NFO! Seems to be a bit of confusion regarding my pilot application, and it doesn't help that my recruiter's last day was today. But still proud to have gotten the call and to be moving on to naval aviation. Good luck to all waiting and congrats to those who got the good word.

CONGRATS!! Make NH proud!!! :) Hopefully I'll be right behind you!!

mhunter

None
That's just the thing - I've been looking through the Purgatory thread (may we process quickly), and I've seen everything from a few weeks (one got his FINSEL almost immediately, and got to OCS not too long after) to around 4 months. I know that INTEL Pro-Recs usually wait around 6 months (due to the combined review and background check), and usually Aviation's much faster. I heard before that the average might be about 2 months, but I can't confirm that, given that I can't find it anymore.
Still hanging around after being selected in February for SNFO. SNAs who had already finished college were sent within two months of being selected. SNFOs who had already finished college were sent in the first couple of classes for FY 16 (end of July). SNAs who were waiting for final transcripts were sent shortly after turning them in (typically a month after submiting transcripts). SNFOs who were waiting for transcripts are starting to be sent off now (I class up 18 OCT). Age critical people classes up first, followed by the people who already had final transcripts, and then finally those who were waiting for transcripts.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Still hanging around after being selected in February for SNFO. SNAs who had already finished college were sent within two months of being selected. SNFOs who had already finished college were sent in the first couple of classes for FY 16 (end of July). SNAs who were waiting for final transcripts were sent shortly after turning them in (typically a month after submiting transcripts). SNFOs who were waiting for transcripts are starting to be sent off now (I class up 18 OCT). Age critical people classes up first, followed by the people who already had final transcripts, and then finally those who were waiting for transcripts.

Nice, hopefully that translates to a close class date. Thanks for the info.

Your OCS class is just a few weeks away. Good luck and get your gold bar.