• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Next rolling board predicted to take place around October 2015. Standby for more word in the coming months, weeks, and days prior to the board being convened.

mb1685

Checking in.

Stats:
  • Applying for SNA only
  • Age 26, non-prior (must commission by early April 2016)
  • ASTB-E: 60 9/9/8
  • B.S. Mass Communication, 3.1 GPA
  • LORs: USAF O-4 (former AFROTC commander, current air refueling wing XO), Army O-5 (ret.), former teacher (USMC Vietnam veteran), current supervisor, former supervisor
  • Former AFROTC cadet (3 semesters, left voluntarily and in good standing)
  • Assorted volunteer experience (mostly one-time events)
  • Tattoo waiver
Went to MEPS about 3 weeks ago and didn't have any issues. The last time I was in my recruiter's office, he was on the phone with someone (I believe a processor) and they told him that they were still waiting on my blood work, but that I should be PQ'd by N3M if the lab results come back fine. I believe my package is complete other than the PQ letter.

Checking in on this one as well, considering I missed the last board by a couple of days. Best of luck to you all. Hopefully the odds will be in our favor like they were with the last board.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I thought you were in on the 30June board?

Nope, had Lasik in mid-May so playing the waiting game until November for MEPS. In the meantime praying that my eyes don't crap out staring at a computer for 14 hours a day at work :confused:

Also, congrats on the Pro-Y!!

dbluestyle

SharkBait,

Thank you, I will get it routed as soon as medical uploads my forms.

Question for current Active Duty sailors. After the package has been approved by my CO, what would be the next step? I heard I have to give it to my NC and she will scan and email it? can I do that myself? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

MS21089

SharkBait,

Question for current Active Duty sailors. After the package has been approved by my CO, what would be the next step? I heard I have to give it to my NC and she will scan and email it? can I do that myself? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

It all depends on your command. I emailed my own package, but was communicating with my Admin Officer (who was helping me with the package) the entire time. Other AD applicants had to give their package to their AO's or NC's to be submitted. Ask your NC what your command prefers.

dbluestyle

Unfortunately, the Aviation Community manager refused to give me the full 48 months or any other extension besides the 39 months. I will be turning 31 in Nov 2016. The waiver expires 21 Feb 2016. Everybody in my command and here are telling me to not waste my time and try to submit my package because there is no possible way to get commission before 21 Feb 2016. Any thoughts about this?