• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

CellShock

Welp...if the board was held, this is unfortunate because my app was done early August but my recruiter said he had to wait until 01OCT to submit it. Anyway, maybe we can still look forward to a board in late Nov? This might be a stretch though...However, if we didn't make this board, we can still remain optimistic about being at the first board since the new year right? Whenever that may be...

Lafingcorpse

So the board we were waiting on to hear the submission deadline, happened already? This will be the second board my package will have missed after being told my package is in, then 2 weeks later to come in and fill out this other paperwork. It was supposed to be in yesterday....ugh

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
This really blows, I had been trying to meet with my recruiter for several weeks and asking since July when the next boards were. I finally got a meeting with my recruiter this past Tuesday and finished my packet but it looks like I didn't make the boards. During our meeting, the recruiter was unaware of when the boards were being held and I am getting age critical (turning 27) due to my birthday being in April. I really hope the next boards are held in November as this might be my last chance unless I get an age waiver of some kind (unless I'm mistaken about that as well).

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
Welp...if the board was held, this is unfortunate because my app was done early August but my recruiter said he had to wait until 01OCT to submit it. Anyway, maybe we can still look forward to a board in late Nov? This might be a stretch though...However, if we didn't make this board, we can still remain optimistic about being at the first board since the new year right? Whenever that may be...
I really hope this is true, I was banking heavily on getting in for the October board (that was actually September who knew), so I am just gonna keep training and getting as much backup paperwork I can in the meantime.

mb1685

My recruiter said my application was submitted and has been in for a few months now but made it sound like the system itself prevented it from being allotted to anything FY15. Kind of weird since when I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago (when the talk of holding applications until FY16 first started) he used the future tense "will be submitted for FY16", which sounded to me like the submission process hadn't been initiated yet. He also said that the board that just took place was for active duty only, but it looks like @HighAngleHell got a PROREC and is prior service but not active duty. At this point, I guess all I can do is wait until after 1 Oct and confirm with him that my package is AT PM (and possibly ORDPRO a bit later). And then pray for the next board to be soon.

I had some time on my hands so I went back and researched the number of days between rolling boards for the past few years. These are approximate because some of them are based on earliest PROREC dates I could find rather than the actual confirmed dates that boards were held.

• 5 May 13 (not sure if this was scheduled or rolling)
  • 15 Jul 13 (not sure if this was scheduled or rolling) (71 days)
  • 17 Oct 13 (94 days)
  • 28 Feb 14 (134 days)
  • 6 May 14 (67 days)
  • (thought maybe I missed one between May and Oct, but I can't find anything)
  • 29 Oct 14 (176 days)
  • 3 Feb 15 (97 days)
  • 8 Apr 15 (64 days)
  • 30 Jun 15 (83 days)
  • 23 Sep 15 (85 days)
Average time: ~97 days
Median time: 85 days
Modes (based on days rounded to 5): 95 days, 85 days, 65 days

Looks like the 80-100 day range has been the most common, but the fact that two of them were around ~65 days apart is at least a tiny bit comforting. On the bright side, it looks like a lot of people have had their kits held up for the next FY, so hopefully that means the next board will be on the sooner side since there will presumably be a lot of kits ready after 1 Oct.

KNSEsup

I really hope this is true, I was banking heavily on getting in for the October board (that was actually September who knew), so I am just gonna keep training and getting as much backup paperwork I can in the meantime.
My two cents since you are age critical is to talk to a Marine Corps recruiter and see if they can get you in for the next possible board. My understanding is that they are in need of pilots as well. Their cutoff is also 27 , but they may have a board coming up which can better fit your timeline.

The training pipelines are very similar. I cannot speak to fleet differences, however, I have heard many enlisted Marines speak very highly of their pilots.

If you take the above advice start the Armstrong pull-up program and begin running twice a day.

FireFor3ffect

NRD Dallas has been refusing pilot applications since May with no plans to allow submissions until Oct. 1st. Kinda wish my recruiter would have told me this up front so I wouldn't have held my breath on this board.

My two cents since you are age critical is to talk to a Marine Corps recruiter and see if they can get you in for the next possible board. My understanding is that they are in need of pilots as well. Their cutoff is also 27 , but they may have a board coming up which can better fit your timeline.

The training pipelines are very similar. I cannot speak to fleet differences, however, I have heard many enlisted Marines speak very highly of their pilots.

If you take the above advice start the Armstrong pull-up program and begin running twice a day.

I'm actually doing this right now. Seems a bit more competitive than Navy but I'm still going to give it my damndest.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
PRO-REC Y NFO (My eyes weren't good enough for Pilot)

Call your recruiters, because the emails are starting to go out (NRD Philadelphia got theirs around 1200-1300 today). Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Also, mandatory something something DANGER ZONE!

afsf1

NRD Dallas has been refusing pilot applications since May with no plans to allow submissions until Oct. 1st. Kinda wish my recruiter would have told me this up front so I wouldn't have held my breath on this board.

I'm actually doing this right now. Seems a bit more competitive than Navy but I'm still going to give it my damndest.

I can get ~280 PFT today and might have to consider this as well, will look into it this weekend...any thoughts/gouge you have found in regards to pursuing this? Differences with USN aviation etc?