• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

mb1685

Well, that's a surprise. Unfortunately that means I missed the board since my recruiter wanted to wait until 1 Oct to submit. Pretty bummed since my package has been complete since 3 Aug and this board was looking like my only shot due to age.

I won't completely give up hope since although I know the chances aren't great, there were about 65 days between the Feb and Apr SNA boards (as opposed to the usual 90-120 between rolling boards). If there's somehow as short of a wait from now until the next board, that would put it around 28 Nov. And though it seemed to be unusual, @ugamilit was extremely age critical and managed to get a FINSEL 9 days after being PROREC'd in the 30 Jun board (and his OCS class date was 26 days after the board).

Since I need to begin OCS by ~7 Jan, it looks like if the stars align, there's still a small chance to make it.

tumblr_naz3hf4iEV1qbwnuho1_1280.jpg

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
So we went from October-ish to November-ish, and now its September-ish. The roller coaster ride never ends.

Also, I called my recruiter and she told me that civilians will have to wait for BUPERS to send the information back to the NRD-HQs, who then send the information back to the recruiters themselves. We're going to have to wait a little longer.

Congrats to everyone who made it, and good luck to everyone who have yet to hear anything back.

Also, I called my recruiter and she told me that civilians will have to wait for BUPERS to send the information back to the NRD-HQs, who then send the information back to the recruiters themselves. We're going to have to wait a little longer

Yeah, my recruiter said it could be weeks or a month after the board is held before they get results. But hopefully since Active is apparently getting notified it won't be too long for civilians and priors.

afsf1

So they had the board already?

I have been waiting for months to apply on October 1st due to my NRD not accepting applications and now it looks like the board has already happened?

Similar to other members here I am also close to aging out and this is absolutely devastating if true.

mb1685

So they had the board already?

I have been waiting for months to apply on October 1st due to my NRD not accepting applications and now it looks like the board has already happened?

Similar to other members here I am also close to aging out and this is absolutely devastating if true.

That's what it looks like. I really don't understand why the quotas can't be disregarded for age critical applicants. To my understanding, the quota doesn't necessarily mean that the NRD is actually barred from submitting more applications, it's just that the NRD willingly chooses not to. If that's the case, isn't there no drawback to submitting a few packages after the quota has been met? If the choice for them is "submit package after the quota has been met, potentially get a selection" or "submit package later knowing that a selection is potentially impossible because the timeline probably isn't compatible", what's the harm in the former? I know they strive to meet their quotas each FY to satisfy NRC goals, but surely submitting some extra packages for FY15 looks better than submitting them in FY16 knowing that they're going to fail, right?

Welcome to government. There's a reason we say "good enough for government work". It's not fair, it's not pretty, and it's often not glamorous. I know. And I hate it if you guys aren't able to pursue this due to age bc of that. Best of luck to all of still waiting on the word.

FireFor3ffect

Confirmed that my package didn't make it to the board. OR is telling me that there is a lockout of application submissions until the 1st.

It's been a fun ride AW. Thanks for all of the information and help. Good luck to the rest of you guys. I hope that you all get a "Y"!

Last edited:

mb1685

Still waiting to hear from mine.

My package would have actually been done at the beginning of July if it wasn't for an employment reference that took ages to get (and actually ended up being done by a third-party company in the end). And the employment ended 3 years ago next month, so I almost didn't even need it in my package. Damnit.

exNavyOffRec

So we went from October-ish to November-ish, and now its September-ish. The roller coaster ride never ends.

Also, I called my recruiter and she told me that civilians will have to wait for BUPERS to send the information back to the NRD-HQs, who then send the information back to the recruiters themselves. We're going to have to wait a little longer.

Congrats to everyone who made it, and good luck to everyone who have yet to hear anything back.

your OR doesn't know how the system works, info isn't sent from BUPERS to NRC, it is sent from NRC to BUPERS, the list is sent out via email to the NRD's

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, my recruiter said it could be weeks or a month after the board is held before they get results. But hopefully since Active is apparently getting notified it won't be too long for civilians and priors.

It is never months, and weeks is generally only in the case of boards that aren't in house since they need to get the data sent back to NRC