• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
I just talked to my OR and he said he has not received any email or notifications about a board this October. I've asked him, based on his experience, what is the typical time frame that he will get word and his response was 4-6 weeks before a board starts. Sorry if this news is a downer but I rather have news than no news. Then again, things maybe different.

Also, some good news for those on the next coming board. He told me typically, at the beginning of the fiscal year, the rate of pick ups are much higher than boards later in the the fiscal year so I hope this brightens up everyone's mood.

That's funny, my OR said a lot of times they don't announce when these rolling boards take place. Sometimes they just happen and get notified of who was recommended. Granted his story has changed back and forth (knowing of boards in advance for some, not knowing for others).

lliesemeyer

It is true that a board can occur without any real warning. You are going to be in the dark for most of this process so it's best to get used to it (easier said than done). But do your absolute best to finish everything as soon as humanly possible constantly check in with your OR, in the end you have less time than you think.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just talked to my OR and he said he has not received any email or notifications about a board this October. I've asked him, based on his experience, what is the typical time frame that he will get word and his response was 4-6 weeks before a board starts. Sorry if this news is a downer but I rather have news than no news. Then again, things maybe different.

Also, some good news for those on the next coming board. He told me typically, at the beginning of the fiscal year, the rate of pick ups are much higher than boards later in the the fiscal year so I hope this brightens up everyone's mood.

Please be advised of "October-ish" on the thread title.

cito

"October-ish" in thread title acknowledged.

I spoke to my OR and he has been checking on the SNA/SNFO board status. Confirmed my ORD-PRO in the notes, which is good news, and put a "guess" to mid-to-late-October.

I think we are all getting some good 'hurry up and wait' practice.

duvi

Is there ANYONE at all that has any credible idea of when the pilot/NFO board will be? cause I feel like I've been waiting forever. My OR said he submitted my package from sep 1 and by now I should have already had a date but still nothing.

Is there ANYONE at all that has any credible idea of when the pilot/NFO board will be? cause I feel like I've been waiting forever. My OR said he submitted my package from sep 1 and by now I should have already had a date but still nothing.

Welcome to the "hurry up and wait" of the military. My packets has been in since end of July. The only credible idea is that it will happen eventually. Sit back and enjoy this hurry up and wait. You'll experience much more of it if selected, and it won't be as pleasant as now.

Welcome to the "hurry up and wait" of the military. My packets has been in since end of July. The only credible idea is that it will happen eventually. Sit back and enjoy this hurry up and wait. You'll experience much more of it if selected, and it won't be as pleasant as now.

Second that. There are people who have been waiting for this board for months, rather than weeks. I'm sure rufio or navyoffrec will post here whenever they hear something. Keep watching this thread and keep in contact with your recruiter. But remember, it'll happen when the navy needs it to happen, not for when it's convenient for any one of us.
Good luck.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
In the mean time, we can still enjoy competitive snail racing and speed paint drying.

I suppose we could also work on our PT, because nobody wants to wait this long just to flunk out at the start.

Gabriel Pramik

How does everyone have such high ASTB scores lol. I am currently an active duty AWR1 hoping to apply in October for SNA and have taken it twice ending up with 49 5,6,5. Is there some practice simulator/ test for college applicants I don't know about. I'm SAR aircrewman with over 1500 flight hours and still found it very difficult.