• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Tgalvin30

Checking in, and extremely excited. Began the application process in Sept 2014 so really starting to embrace the "Hurry up and wait" motto.

23, M Non-prior
BS, Business Admin GPA 3.2
ASTB: 57 5/5/6
Applying: SNA, NFO
4 Years College Lacrosse
3rd Degree Black Belt
Volunteer Youth Football Coach
Working in IT at Fortune 500 Company for 4 years
LORs: O-1, E-5, CW-2, VP at my company, Lacrosse coach

Kit is currently sitting with my OR who says he has to wait til Oct 1. to send out. Hoping the selection rates are similar to the last few boards.. Good luck to all you other applicants!

Unsat

Checking in. Graduating in December with my Bachelors in Marketing from Stephen F. Austin. Professors Assistant for US History, and some other activities.

25 years old, 3.3 GPA. 4 years prior service as an MA3. Decent career, NAM, Good Conduct

ASTB: 44/5/5/6

Applying for SNFO.

Last edited:

john90

November 31.
Interesting considering there are only 30 days in November... Is this a common joke on here? Everyone's way of saying I have no clue when the board is but it's fun to make everyone panic! My OR told me everything indicates it will still be in October, in keeping with the 3 to 4 month timeline it'll either be at the front or the end of the month but my guess is somewhere in the middle. But again, all frivolous guessing at this point. I'm anxious to get back seeing as my original OCS date of Feb 23, 2014 was quite a long time ago... Although I have plenty to keep me busy now that I have a wrecked airplane to fully repair...

mb1685

Since packages are required to be submitted a few weeks before a board convenes, and since rolling boards generally seem to be announced far enough ahead of time to give recruiters at least a bit of time to make the package submission deadlines, I'm starting to doubt October.

speedroller

Rangers
Since packages are required to be submitted a few weeks before a board convenes, and since rolling boards generally seem to be announced far enough ahead of time to give recruiters at least a bit of time to make the package submission deadlines, I'm starting to doubt October.
Packages can now be submitted starting 1 October, because of the FY change. I'm sure there will be an announcement in the upcoming weeks for a board date in late October. Last time there was a 10 day heads up before the packages had to be submitted for 30 June board.

mb1685

Packages can now be submitted starting 1 October, because of the FY change. I'm sure there will be an announcement in the upcoming weeks for a board date in late October. Last time there was a 10 day heads up before the packages had to be submitted for 30 June board.

Ah, I just looked at some older threads and it does look like package submission deadlines tend to be 10-15 days before boards. For some reason I was thinking more like 3 weeks was the norm.

exNavyOffRec

applications have already been submitted for many people, some NRD's are just playing the numbers game, that will bite them in the ass eventually, especially if they cap the number being sent to board.

KNSEsup

applications have already been submitted for many people, some NRD's are just playing the numbers game, that will bite them in the ass eventually, especially if they cap the number being sent to board.
Since two people on this board have had their recruiters tell them they have to wait until 01OCT, I have a feeling lying about submission dates to get a head start on yearly quotas is a common practice. Am I wrong? Are these just a few isolated incidents? I hate to see people's boards being pushed back three or four months.

exNavyOffRec

Since two people on this board have had their recruiters tell them they have to wait until 01OCT, I have a feeling lying about submission dates to get a head start on yearly quotas is a common practice. Am I wrong? Are these just a few isolated incidents? I hate to see people's boards being pushed back three or four months.

some like to play it like that, if a person/NRD is always recruiting and pushing it shouldn't matter and they should always make their goals.