• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Derek O

If you don't mind me asking, what was your knee injury? Was it an acute injury like a tear of some sort, or an overuse injury like patellafemoral pain syndrome? I've experienced overuse injuries too many times and I always wondered how ocs handles injuries like that

mb1685

Checking in for this board.

My kit is with the processor who has to wait until October 1st to send it in. Anyone else in that position? NavyOffRec and Rufio, is this normal?

I just spoke with my recruiter and I'm in the same boat. My package has been complete for over a month (and would have been completed nearly a month before that if I didn't have difficulty getting one of my employment references) and I had assumed that it had already been submitted, so I was a little surprised. I trust Rufio's judgement about still making the next board, but I'm still a little worried. This is my only shot at SNA due to age, and it looks like my stats are pretty competitive, so I'd really hate to miss out just because of the FY quota.

john90

If you don't mind me asking, what was your knee injury? Was it an acute injury like a tear of some sort, or an overuse injury like patellafemoral pain syndrome? I've experienced overuse injuries too many times and I always wondered how ocs handles injuries like that

My knee injury was exactly what you said for the overuse injury; I was diagnosed with pattelafemoral pain syndrome. Overdid it before heading up to OCS, knee pain started about 2 weeks before OCS but I'd never been injured before so I didn't realize it would bite me up there. Essentially I ended up in MEDHOLD. My time at OCS was about 4 months as my paperwork as well as others in similar situations got lost in the ether. Within a week of being diagnosed I was told I would just get the TEMP NPQ, go home and most likely be back in a few months after the next selection board. 4 months later we found out a processor had screwed up our paperwork and thats why we were stuck. I got my fit for full but this processor, who was getting in trouble for screwing up got us all out processed in one day. (Funny how some people are efficient when in trouble). So, to answer your question, they should send you to MEDHOLD if your injury will need more than 10 days to heal. You then roll back in to OCS where you left with whatever class is at that level. You definitely do not want to roll into MEDHOLD though, you're stuck and it is actually worse than just being in training. You are up early like everyone else and just sit in a room waiting to move paper or to mop and clean all day. But all in all if you do need it they will get you better and do their best to send you back in if it isn't a terrible injury or they will recommend a temp NPQ as well.

Derek O

That's good information to know. If I end up making it up there I don't intend on getting hurt of course, but you never know and I'm curious about the what if. I'm resting through pfps right now unfortunately, so it's on my mind. It's too bad they couldn't roll you back into class. Good luck getting back there!

afsf1

Woo! Finally PQ. Like some of the other posters I am also 26 and will only have a few chances to get picked up.

Stats:
B.S. CS and Engineering
8/7/8/71 ASTB
Employer/Coach/Volunteer LOR

Second time applying (Was selected before but my eyes were way out of spec by the time my OCS date came around, I have since had yet another round of PRK).

Hope to see you guys at OCS sooner than later!

andre lane

PILOT1906
Navyoffrec and Rufio I'm age critical and assuming based on previous boards this board may convene late October results early Nov. I need to be commissioned by April if I get selected. What the earliest you seen a recruit get into ocs and is it a chance I could be in the late Nov ocs class?

exNavyOffRec

Navyoffrec and Rufio I'm age critical and assuming based on previous boards this board may convene late October results early Nov. I need to be commissioned by April if I get selected. What the earliest you seen a recruit get into ocs and is it a chance I could be in the late Nov ocs class?

when in April are we talking? I would say it would be very rare if results came out in Nov to get into a Nov class

andre lane

PILOT1906
My birthday is April 10. Hopefully I get selected and commission by than.

Another question I'm enlisted Army AD and already have my secret clearance... do that clearance transfer over or do I need to open another investigation with the Navy to obtain my secret clearance?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My birthday is April 10. Hopefully I get selected and commission by than.

Another question I'm enlisted Army AD and already have my secret clearance... do that clearance transfer over or do I need to open another investigation with the Navy to obtain my secret clearance?

Did you ask your recruiter? What did he or she say?

andre lane

PILOT1906
He said for my report date he will PUT ASAP and I explained to him that I already got my secret Clearance... my Administration department also written a memorandum for record confirming my clearance... however my recruiter had me do the entire application for a secret clearance... my concern is time I don't have a lot of time and one shot at this board and I have read that a big hold up is waiting on a medical clearance or a secert clearance

mb1685

I've read somewhere on these forums that unless there's any big red flags in your background, having your background investigation totally completed isn't necessarily a prerequisite for getting your FINSEL and the investigation may continue to take place while you're actually at OCS. So based on my understanding, clearance-related stuff isn't going to affect your OCS class date.