• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

exNavyOffRec

How many boards have you applied to? Stick with it!! I have been an AWV/AT for seven years, and have met many officers who took 2-4 attempts to get selected. Apply as many times as you need. I'd hate to see you rush to enlist and regret it. Best of luck!

In regards to OCS, it is rare to see a person get passed up on the first board and get picked up on any subsequent boards (for the same designator), the ones that tend to buck that trend are the ones that are going for aviation and boost their scores up to the 8 or 9 level.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I heard for a while some NRD's had an issue with this, at the time my NRD went by what was best for the applicant, pretty good time.

The issue is not informing the applicant right away. It just confuses things telling an applicant a month from shipping out that they're eligible for officer programs. That's not good business.

I'm also active duty and concur dont rush into enlisting unless your only other option is being homeless. Once you enlist you are looking at a couple of years before you can apply again, if not longer. What are your scores like?

My major was microbiology.. I was disappointed to see a master's or PhD is required to work as a microbiologist but not surprising for that field. OAR score is 60, and I got 6s in everything else. Aviation is my #1 choice, but I also applied to intel and SWO. Is it true that the aviation board results will probably come out before intel, even though the intel board is first?

exNavyOffRec

My major was microbiology.. I was disappointed to see a master's or PhD is required to work as a microbiologist but not surprising for that field. OAR score is 60, and I got 6s in everything else. Aviation is my #1 choice, but I also applied to intel and SWO. Is it true that the aviation board results will probably come out before intel, even though the intel board is first?

What was your GPA?

MM1 SS/DV

Well guys, I am back again. I missed the last two boards due to some administrative difficulties, but everything seems to be falling into place after playing some "recruiter hot potato." (Recruiters have been transferred, retired and/or removed from recruiting duties...ugh, so much fun) I am in good hands now, and it appears that I'll have my package ready in the next two weeks, which will be a great relief.

john90

Checking in!

I was selected for SNA for FY 2014 but got a knee injury at OCS. After getting discharged with a temporary NPQ and I RE-3Q discharge I have gotten all the waivers I need and my package is sitting up there now waiting for the board to convene! I'm excited to finally be going back, hopefully, but I'm naturally anxious about the board. I'm hoping having been selected once should really make this happen, otherwise what are they saying about their selection process?
Stats: 7,7,7, and I forget my OAR score.

GPA: 2.7 from UNC Chapel Hill in Peace, War and Defense and American Hist double major. Not the best GPA but I've been told Chapel Hill is a tier 1 school for difficulty and therefore they see a lower GPA there as better than a higher GPA at a less rigorous school. Average GPA at Carolina is 2.8.

Private Pilots License with experience in: C-150, C-172, Diamond DA-40, Mooney Mk-40, Stinson V-77 "reliant", DC-3, B-25J Mitchell, T-6 Texan, P-51 Mustang and most recently the Challenger II ultralight; by far the most terrifying. The warbird times are not loggable due to them not being for training with a CFI. The Stinson is the only warbird I have CFI checkout in.

Over 1,000 hrs aviation Museum work, B-25 crewmember for the DAV flight team, crewed at the Naval Test Pilot School for two weeks on the B-25 (I'm hoping the board will love this, I was doing this after my app was at the board for my last selection). CAP cadet commander, Naval Sea Cadets,Naval Academy Summer seminar, NROTC Marine option at UNC, etc. Lots of stuff that says I know what I'm getting into.

I hope we all find out when this board is going to be soon! The wait is by far the worst part and I wish everyone good luck!