• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

SamVer05

I'm new to this site but officially checking in for this one. My OR said my package has been officially received by the selection board. Good luck to all of yall.

andre lane

PILOT1906
Just got off the phone with my recruiter he just told me that we should hear something about the board dates by the end of this week or beginning of next week!

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Checking in for this board. Got DQ'ed for pilot, but somehow didn't for NFO.

Speaking of which, anyone know anything about eyesight waivers in relation to the NFO to Pilot program? I'd imagine that being disqualified from pilot would prevent you from making the transfer, but there isn't alot of information out there.

SharkBait

Checking in for this board. Got DQ'ed for pilot, but somehow didn't for NFO.

Speaking of which, anyone know anything about eyesight waivers in relation to the NFO to Pilot program? I'd imagine that being disqualified from pilot would prevent you from making the transfer, but there isn't alot of information out there.
I know that Pilots need a class 1 flight physical and NFO/ATC need class 2. Is your vision not correctable to 20/20?

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
I know that Pilots need a class 1 flight physical and NFO/ATC need class 2. Is your vision not correctable to 20/20?

20/50 in both eyes, but both corrected to 20/20. I got turned down because I crossed the 20/40 threshold. That's why I'm interested - if there's a chance to fly someday, I'll put much more stock into the NFO designator. For now however, its just another way in.

Also, congrats on the Pro Rec Y. I am also sorry that you are stuck in FINSEL purgatory now.

andre lane

PILOT1906
Fingers crossed hopefully by this weekend we can possibly get some hard dates in. Please post the board date ASAP when you find out

Checkin in for this one. Kinda disheartened from a recent pro-rec N from the SWO community, but I hoping for the best for this board and everyone that'll be in it.

Group, wanted to get some guidance on here as to how to proceed. I am an active duty YN2, planning to apply as SNA/NFO. My package should be in by the second week of September, so I am not sure if I will make this upcoming board. I am trying to rush it, but because of TDY's at my command that will not be possible sooner than the second week of September. My stats are:

GPA: 3.58 (On transcript) 3.3 (By how the Navy weighs it, I Think)
ASTB: 47 5/5/5/
LOR: O7, O6,O6
For SNA, must graduate by mid June 2016

I would really like to go SNA, but I do not believe I am competitive and already have an age waiver. They say everything is waiverable, but I do not think they will go over the 27+2 limit. Suggestions on the way forward, pilot is pretty much sunk time wise, so that leaves NFO. I am going to apply to supply in addition to NFO if the general consensus is there is no way i can be picked up for SNA/NFO with my ASTB. I have taken the ASTB three times (The limit) and saw my OAR drop from 52 to 47, with PFAR/AQR staying the same.

After this application, I am going to knock out my MBA, get flight hours, and possibly advance to first to make myself more competitive. Any thoughts on my situation??

SharkBait

were all 3 of your attempts on the new test or were any of them on the old one?
Group, wanted to get some guidance on here as to how to proceed. I am an active duty YN2, planning to apply as SNA/NFO. My package should be in by the second week of September, so I am not sure if I will make this upcoming board. I am trying to rush it, but because of TDY's at my command that will not be possible sooner than the second week of September. My stats are:

I would really like to go SNA, but I do not believe I am competitive and already have an age waiver. They say everything is waiverable, but I do not think they will go over the 27+2 limit. Suggestions on the way forward, pilot is pretty much sunk time wise, so that leaves NFO. I am going to apply to supply in addition to NFO if the general consensus is there is no way i can be picked up for SNA/NFO with my ASTB. I have taken the ASTB three times (The limit) and saw my OAR drop from 52 to 47, with PFAR/AQR staying the same.

After this application, I am going to knock out my MBA, get flight hours, and possibly advance to first to make myself more competitive. Any thoughts on my situation??

All three were on the new test, basically took them every three months. Those scores are locked in, I was wondering if that is merit for non selection in aviation or if it just makes things harder?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter

YN2, let me break it down into a few bullets:

- Selection rates are through the roof for recent aviation boards. They are low for Supply. While you have low test scores, you have a high GPA. Do not assume you know what the board will do. Don't "not apply" because you "think" you aren't competitive. GO FOR IT. You have nothing to lose.

- Supply: we just had a board so we'll know selection rates soon but I expect them low again. It is very competitive and your OAR is on the low side. What is your undergrad? That matters. 31 is your upper age limit for supply.

I recommend you shoot for aviation and if it doesn't work out, get started on that MBA and go for supply...and get a LOR from your SUPPO.

R/
LT