• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

SharkBait

Its sounding like the SWO board was held earlier than planned, I wouldn't doubt if they moved the Pilot up a little in the same fashion.

FireFor3ffect

Ruh roh, looks like I need to get my package in then. Still waiting on my optometrist to send over depth perception results because MEPS didn't test me.

dbluestyle

Hopefully my CO's approves my package this week or early next week. This is the only chance I have, after that I will be too old.

FireFor3ffect

Hopefully my CO's approves my package this week or early next week. This is the only chance I have, after that I will be too old.

Same here. Birthday is in May so I'll have this board and potentially 1 more if it's in January and I can get a slot in an early February OCS class.

andre lane

PILOT1906
Is this true? if that is true, when is the due date for packages?
I honestly don't know but I do believe that the board may convene late September. And I know kits must be submitted a month before the board. So I THINK my recruiter was telling me the kit needs to be in by early September... and the board convene later that month.

FireFor3ffect

Looks like my package submission is going to be delayed a few more days. I visited the optometrist last Tuesday and aced the depth perception test with a 9/9 on the Titmus test. The report that he submitted to my OR today noted my results as 1 degree-arc which translates to 3600 arc seconds, wayyyy off the depth perception scale. Looks like I'll be visiting another optometrist this week.

mb1685

Looks like my package submission is going to be delayed a few more days. I visited the optometrist last Tuesday and aced the depth perception test with a 9/9 on the Titmus test. The report that he submitted to my OR today noted my results as 1 degree-arc which translates to 3600 arc seconds, wayyyy off the depth perception scale. Looks like I'll be visiting another optometrist this week.

I believe the Titmus Fly test goes to 40 seconds of arc, which is the requirement for SNA (and the NAMI waiver guide explicitly states that the Titmus Fly is an accepted test). It sounds like your optometrist just botched his notes. I don't see why you'd have to go another one; just have him update his error and send it in again.

FireFor3ffect

I believe the Titmus Fly test goes to 40 seconds of arc, which is the requirement for SNA (and the NAMI waiver guide explicitly states that the Titmus Fly is an accepted test). It sounds like your optometrist just botched his notes. I don't see why you'd have to go another one; just have him update his error and send it in again.

Yeah, I expected the report to say 40 secs of arc. I'm headed to another because I worry that if Navy medical contacts him he may botch it again and mess up my only chance at SNA before I age out. I may just go to MEPS so i don't have to worry about anything but the 2 hour drive to get there at 6am isn't my favorite thing to do during the week.

mb1685

Yeah, I expected the report to say 40 secs of arc. I'm headed to another because I worry that if Navy medical contacts him he may botch it again and mess up my only chance at SNA before I age out. I may just go to MEPS so i don't have to worry about anything but the 2 hour drive to get there at 6am isn't my favorite thing to do during the week.

Gotcha. I'd vote for going to another optometrist over taking it at MEPS (if acceptable for your PQ letter). The AFVT machine depth perception test at MEPS truly sucks. I can easily get 20 seconds of arc on the Randot test, but I struggled to get to 40 seconds of arc on the MEPS AFVT.

FireFor3ffect

Gotcha. I'd vote for going to another optometrist over taking it at MEPS (if acceptable for your PQ letter). The AFVT machine depth perception test at MEPS truly sucks. I can easily get 20 seconds of arc on the Randot test, but I struggled to get to 40 seconds of arc on the MEPS AFVT.

I'll avoid MEPS then. Thanks for the heads up. I contacted the original optometrist to see if he will edit the document. I could have misspoke when I told him the units of measure that Navy med expects. Hopefully I can get the package wrapped up and sent out early next week so I won't stress over it on vacation.