• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

I say you give it a shot man, regardless of what they're telling you. If you don't, then all you've accomplished is assuring you never earn a pilot slot. If you do, who knows.

Now I'm not trying to blow smoke up your ass; your odds are against you. Give it a shot, and see what happens. If you get a slot, then great! Congrats. If not, well then at least you can move on knowing that you did everything you possibly could have.

Derek O

Is it normal for Pilot/NFO rolling boards to have four month gaps? I submitted my package a couple of days after the 30 June board with the hopes it would only be 8-10 weeks. New here, just trying to figure out how the rolling board concept works. Thanks!

mb1685

Is it normal for Pilot/NFO rolling boards to have four month gaps? I submitted my package a couple of days after the 30 June board with the hopes it would only be 8-10 weeks. New here, just trying to figure out how the rolling board concept works. Thanks!

8-10 weeks would seem short based on what I've observed reading these boards for a few years. 12-16 weeks seems to be an approximate average when the boards are rolling, but nothing is definite.

afsf1

Checking in.

Stats:
  • Applying for SNA only
  • Age 26, non-prior (June b-day)
  • ASTB: 8/7/8 71
  • B.S. Civil Engineering, B.S. Computer Science (2.92 GPA)
  • LORs: Former employers / coaches
  • Second time applying
  • Some volunteer experience (Volunteer coach for ~1.5 years)

Finally back in on this. I have had PRK several years ago and applied, been selected, unfortunately by the time my OCS date rolled around my eyes were out of spec (Astigmatism > 1.0 diopter....sitting in front of a computer for 50 hours a week will probably do that to you) so I rejected the commission offer. Last year I was cleared to have a PRK touch up procedure and here I am applying again after my eyes have healed. I require no waivers outside of PRK and I hope that everything works out for me.

I have been dreaming of this for years now and have been kicking myself every day for rejecting a few years ago (The letter I received was very vague on what could happen to me if I were to fail the medical, which I would most definitely have, since then I have learned I may have had an option to reclass to NFO). I sincerely hope I get picked up.

Good luck to everyone on this board, and hopefully I will see some of you at OCS in the near future!

dbluestyle

I just noticed my join date of Oct 7 2011, almost 4 years ago. Damn.
Look at mine, haha. It is going to be almost 6 years since I joined the Navy, it took me 5 1/2 to finish my bachelors from scratch. Now because of my age I only have one chance to get selected. Good luck to you!

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
I am hoping to submit my packet before October boards as I missed the July ones due to tie ups with MEPS asking for more medical records. Luckily the recruiter(s) who have been handling my paperwork are amazing. I figured if you want something bad, just gotta have the patience and fortitude to chill and wait.

cito

Checking in!
  • SNA / SNFO
  • Age 24
  • ASTB-E: 69 9/8/8
  • B.S. Nuclear Engineering, 2.97 GPA
  • Lots of other cool resume stuff and experience and LORs
Missed the 30 June board by a day. Kit is sent away and approved, sitting and waiting for this board. MEPS was a breeze a couple months ago.

Here's hopin'!

Good luck to everyone else too!

andre lane

PILOT1906
Nope, had Lasik in mid-May so playing the waiting game until November for MEPS. In the meantime praying that my eyes don't crap out staring at a computer for 14 hours a day at work :confused:

Also, congrats on the Pro-Y!!

I had LASIX on January 22 2015 do you think I can get through MEPS without any delay or issues?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
The gist of it is you can't get cleared by MEPS (or even go to MEPS) until you get your 6-month post op done. If you got yours done in late January, you should get your 6-month checkup done if you haven't already, and contact your recruiter to schedule your appointment at MEPS soon. Barring any major issues or delays you should be fine if you can get a MEPS appointment sometime in August.

Can't talk to the delays side of it, it all depends on your health and if they have all of the relevant records. Make sure to reach out to docs to get them to start forwarding your records to your recruiter for anything/everything that the medical docs may deem relevant. It usually takes 2 weeks or so for the records to be released and it's always better to have them and not need them rather than having to track them down later.

Crqpilot

Hopefully going to be checking in soon. Finally got through the MEPS headache I was going through and now I'm just waiting to meet up with my recruiter to actually sign and finalize the package.