• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October Boards

It was my understanding that you could get final select at anytime. It was just a matter of opening your background check and assigning you a class date but now I have heard you have to wait until the next board meets. Which is true?

Apparently I didn't have to wait for the board after all. My recruiter just informed me of my final select status and OCS date. :D

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone. I just passed the PRT today and will go to MEPS sometime the end of this week or beginning of next week. I'm well on my way to final select. The November boards are creeping up, good luck to all that are on it.

-Ken

badger16

None
Hey everyone. I just passed the PRT today and will go to MEPS sometime the end of this week or beginning of next week. I'm well on my way to final select. The November boards are creeping up, good luck to all that are on it.

-Ken

Congrats dude! So the ankle healed up for you? Thats awesome, good luck the rest of the way. I hope to be in your situation in 2 weeks...By your situation I mean getting a pro-rec not a sprained ankle. :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Congrats Tricky fish and Ken. Still waiting on that pesky final select. Hopefully this week...

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
Congrats dude! So the ankle healed up for you? Thats awesome, good luck the rest of the way. I hope to be in your situation in 2 weeks...By your situation I mean getting a pro-rec not a sprained ankle. :D

Thanks. My ankle is doing very well for what its been through the past year. It has only been 6 months since my surgery. I really couldn't have wished for a quicker recovery. That post I threw in here last week was just a "worst case scenario" type of thing. I have no reason to believe that my ankle won't be fine at this point. I really hope your in my situation in two weeks too. Good luck bro.

-Ken

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
Congrats Tricky fish and Ken. Still waiting on that pesky final select. Hopefully this week...

Thanks Skim. It seems like you've been waiting on final select for a while now. How long ago did you get pro-rec'ed? I'll be in your shoes here shortly (once MEPS and Security Clearance is out of the way). Hang in there.

-Ken

skim

None
Contributor
I dont think its been too long, I got pro-rec in september and need something to stress about. From what I hear its 3 days to 3 months for the final select. As stated in another thread, I talked to my recruiter last week. He confirmed I cleared medical and that they have and are opening my background, and that I should hear something within the next week. I plan on calling again later this week if I dont hear something soon. It wouldn't be as bad, exept I have a wife who needs to know what im doing so she can plan. She teaches and can't really quit whenever. She can do it either this semester or has to wait until summer before she can move to Rhode Island.

skim

None
Contributor
Depending on whether or not I report to SWOS (in RI i believe) after I commission. Otherwise she will go where I go. She will not come with me to OCS since its not allowed.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Ah, didn't know that. And yea, it's a real bitch when the process takes a lot longer than expected.

The Stoic

What are the chances of getting pro-rec and not final select? Not trying to stress you skim just wondering about myself if even get pro-rec. Just wondering if they are going to find out about that time in mexico and that donkey...:eek: But seriously I should be good to go, just wanted to know how often it occurs to get pro-rec and not get final?

skim

None
Contributor
I saw a poll that was conducted on this site. It was done a few years ago, but out of 50 or so people, I think one did not get a final select for reasons other than medical or legal reasons. The biggest reason was medical. You can search for the poll, im lazy right now.