• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2020 CEC Board

DCO CEC Board is in October too. Can we expect results in the next two weeks too?

I think I saw somewhere in the beginning of this thread that DCO boards is different from OCS boards because they look at different things in our package... I believe there is a different thread for that one so I'm not sure when those are are/when you'll hear back, sorry I'm not more help.

exNavyOffRec

I think I saw somewhere in the beginning of this thread that DCO boards is different from OCS boards because they look at different things in our package... I believe there is a different thread for that one so I'm not sure when those are are/when you'll hear back, sorry I'm not more help.
Correct, the board members are different, they look at different things, etc......

Dwhite1017

Anyone else constantly refreshing this page to see if results have come out yet? I know it's beyond my control and I should stop worrying, but definitely feeling some anxiety while waiting...
I wonder what the process is? Do they already know who they've accepted and if so, what are they doing now? I imagine it has to get some higher-up approval then they have to do additional paperwork, etc. Maybe exNavyOffRec would know more. Not that it matters, just curious haha

exNavyOffRec

I wonder what the process is? Do they already know who they've accepted and if so, what are they doing now? I imagine it has to get some higher-up approval then they have to do additional paperwork, etc. Maybe exNavyOffRec would know more. Not that it matters, just curious haha

could be waiting to confirm quotas they wish to use at this board, could be waiting to push out to NRD's, many things could be a reason, the results will arrive and hopefully with good news.

The results for July boards came out a week later (if the same applied to this board, we would know today). I spoke to my recruiter this morning to see if it would be the same but he said Friday would be a more realistic expectation and that they have to take care of admin stuff before officially closing the board. Since this is the first boards of the FY, it can have more than the typical number of applicants than other boards which is why it could take a little longer... hopefully we find out very soon. I haven't contacted my AO though.

Dwhite1017

Surely we'll hear back this week...

On another note, has anyone done their Security Clearance interview yet? I did mine a 1.5 weeks ago and I wasn't sure if it was standard to do them early or if they waited to conduct them until after being accepted? I know they aren't cheap to conduct so I found it interesting that they had already started it.

Nope, but I'll wait until this Friday before reaching out to my AO.

I don't know the exact numbers of applicants for this board, but based on the 2017 state of the corps document, there is a ~40-50% selection rate (56 selected out of 138 at board). I believe there's about 6 boards per year, which makes it about 25 applicants per board, give or take some. Compared to the SWO boards that regularly have excess of 200+ applicants, CEC results shouldn't take nearly as long.

Surely we'll hear back this week...

On another note, has anyone done their Security Clearance interview yet? I did mine a 1.5 weeks ago and I wasn't sure if it was standard to do them early or if they waited to conduct them until after being accepted? I know they aren't cheap to conduct so I found it interesting that they had already started it.

Interesting, you had your interview prior to the board convening?

Nope, but I'll wait until this Friday before reaching out to my AO.

I don't know the exact numbers of applicants for this board, but based on the 2017 state of the corps document, there is a ~40-50% selection rate (56 selected out of 138 at board). I believe there's about 6 boards per year, which makes it about 25 applicants per board, give or take some. Compared to the SWO boards that regularly have excess of 200+ applicants, CEC results shouldn't take nearly as long.

I wanna say that there are four boards (January, March/April, July and October). This is going off of information from recruiters, threads from airwarriors and from the CEC newsletters. It seemed like they accepted around 15-25 each board.

You can see the list of those accepted at the end of the newsletters. For example, for October 2019 boards you can see those accepted in the November 2019 newsletter