• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2020 CEC Board

I wanna say that there are four boards (January, March/April, July and October). This is going off of information from recruiters, threads from airwarriors and from the CEC newsletters. It seemed like they accepted around 15-25 each board.

You can see the list of those accepted at the end of the newsletters. For example, for October 2019 boards you can see those accepted in the November 2019 newsletter

Ah, I was going off the board schedule page: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...uments/FY20 Board Schedule REV 2 COVID-19.pdf which has 5 boards.

I thought I remembered seeing the schedule from FY19 as something like Jan, Feb, April, May, July, Oct, Dec. But I can be mistaken, it's been a long time ago.

Either way, with such a small community and application pool, I'd doubt the quotas are followed to the digit. I'd like to believe that if an applicant is qualified and has the traits CEC looks for, they'd be picked up, unlike SWO or the larger boards where people have reapplied with only minor changes and were selected the next round. If this is true, it'd be a double edged sword in that you essentially have 1 shot at making it in (especially in my case where I don't have much else I could change for the better).

Dwhite1017

Interesting, you had your interview prior to the board convening?
Yup! I thought it was interesting as well. Either they just do them early and my local investigator wasn’t busy (I live in a relatively low population area) or the board was earlier than expected.

I have no idea how the process works though.

Ah, I was going off the board schedule page: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Documents/FY20 Board Schedule REV 2 COVID-19.pdf which has 5 boards.

I thought I remembered seeing the schedule from FY19 as something like Jan, Feb, April, May, July, Oct, Dec. But I can be mistaken, it's been a long time ago.

Either way, with such a small community and application pool, I'd doubt the quotas are followed to the digit. I'd like to believe that if an applicant is qualified and has the traits CEC looks for, they'd be picked up, unlike SWO or the larger boards where people have reapplied with only minor changes and were selected the next round. If this is true, it'd be a double edged sword in that you essentially have 1 shot at making it in (especially in my case where I don't have much else I could change for the better).

Yeah so my recruiter gave me this example: (10 is just an arbitrary number)
"If 10 people are needed for the year and 10 applicants, who are what we are looking for, are on the first board then we will fill all 10 slots at the first board"

I did read somewhere that if you aren't picked up, you can't reapply for the next boards for another 6 months after which you should have added to your package and made yourself look better. So there is a chance you can reapply but it would have to be after significant changes to your application.

exNavyOffRec

Since this is the first boards of the FY, it can have more than the typical number of applicants than other boards which is why it could take a little longer
not accurate, this is not the first board for FY 21, that was back in spring, the first FY21 accessions left for OCS in late June, the hard number of spots available for OCS for FY 21 accessions won't come out until late December to early Feb, up until then they will use last years numbers selecting 50-75% of what last year was until the hard numbers come out. What that means is not any one board has an advantage over another, unless the board disregards NRC's guidance and over-selects before hard numbers come out, SWO did that most recently.

not accurate, this is not the first board for FY 21, that was back in spring, the first FY21 accessions left for OCS in late June, the hard number of spots available for OCS for FY 21 accessions won't come out until late December to early Feb, up until then they will use last years numbers selecting 50-75% of what last year was until the hard numbers come out. What that means is not any one board has an advantage over another, unless the board disregards NRC's guidance and over-selects before hard numbers come out, SWO did that most recently.

Okay, my apologies. My recruiter just told me that this was the first one of the FY. How does this all work with those who are going collegiate and will not be going to OCS until next year or 2022?

exNavyOffRec

Okay, my apologies. My recruiter just told me that this was the first one of the FY. How does this all work with those who are going collegiate and will not be going to OCS until next year or 2022?

How he phrased it he is technically correct, but that has no advantage of disadvantage, too often those who had done enlisted recruiting try to apply that to officer recruiting, and it doesn't work the same.

They have numbers for those as well, so they are technically in a different bucket depending how far out we are talking. They collegiate program tends to pick people who have not chance of being delayed in their grad date so they can plan, for instance a person that graduates in May or June will realistically be the next FY accession numbers.