• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2020 CEC Board

Dwhite1017

My accession officer mentioned that board results tended to be released quickly because the number of Cec applicants typically were on the low side compared to the other communities. The real question is when the board is being convened. From my understanding the posted dates are placeholders but the board does meet around that time. Personally, I hope we'll get results back by mid to late October so I can plan my next steps accordingly.
I just texted my recruiter and he said they should be meeting today.

exNavyOffRec

I just texted my recruiter and he said they should be meeting today.
of course he would, because he looked at the schedule.

The CEC board meets when they want, is it possible they are meeting today, sure, but is it probable that a schedule set 18 months ago when realistically 1 of those board members wasn't even an accessions officer is probably low is doubtful, but sometime this week, sure.

Dwhite1017

of course he would, because he looked at the schedule.

The CEC board meets when they want, is it possible they are meeting today, sure, but is it probable that a schedule set 18 months ago when realistically 1 of those board members wasn't even an accessions officer is probably low is doubtful, but sometime this week, sure.
So by that logic they could have met last week too? I guess I’ll just plan on hearing back at the end of the month.

exNavyOffRec

So by that logic they could have met last week too? I guess I’ll just plan on hearing back at the end of the month.

possible but doubtful, they need NRC to send them the info, often it isn't sent until scheduled board date, I have a few post on here where recruiters and Mr Celestine told people the board was in session and I had the senior member in my office for an inspection, or I was talking with one of the accessions officers and they had pushed the board because leave had been scheduled and they couldn't do it, people were still saying board was meeting.

I texted my recruiter today (he's also former CEC) and he had told me that boards was this past Monday, 5th OCT and that as far as he knows, "they are still convened." I'm not sure what this means, I thought they only last one day but I guess I'm wrong. I'm really nervous but he told me not to worry because my package was one of the best he's worked with?

I graduated with a 3.4 in Architecture for undergrad at UMD and currently at UF (3.55) pursuing two masters degrees in Construction Management and Architecture. I was a student-athlete at Maryland as well and I got a 54 on the OAR and took the ASVAB in June. I got a 94 on that but I heard those scores don't matter all that much. My CEC interview was about a month ago and I feel it went pretty well, it lasted about 2 hours with 30 of those minutes consisting of me asking questions. I wasn't sure whether it was acceptable to text my accessions officer but I'll give it a shot.

Dwhite1017

I texted my recruiter today (he's also former CEC) and he had told me that boards was this past Monday, 5th OCT and that as far as he knows, "they are still convened." I'm not sure what this means, I thought they only last one day but I guess I'm wrong. I'm really nervous but he told me not to worry because my package was one of the best he's worked with?

I graduated with a 3.4 in Architecture for undergrad at UMD and currently at UF (3.55) pursuing two masters degrees in Construction Management and Architecture. I was a student-athlete at Maryland as well and I got a 54 on the OAR and took the ASVAB in June. I got a 94 on that but I heard those scores don't matter all that much. My CEC interview was about a month ago and I feel it went pretty well, it lasted about 2 hours with 30 of those minutes consisting of me asking questions. I wasn't sure whether it was acceptable to text my accessions officer but I'll give it a shot.
Let us know what your AO says if you ask him. My recruiter told me the board had met on the 5th but my AO (who will be at the board) told me it will be on the 19th so I’ll take his word over any recruiter.

Are you applying for direct commission or the collegiate program?

Let us know what your AO says if you ask him. My recruiter told me the board had met on the 5th but my AO (who will be at the board) told me it will be on the 19th so I’ll take his word over any recruiter.

Yeah I'll send my AO an email after work. I'm applying for the collegiate program since I have about 1.5 years left of grad school.

Which region did you apply from? I'll ask my AO too if we didn't apply from the same region.

exNavyOffRec

CEC board is different than many others, they go through your application page by page, very much like Nuke, as such the board can be more than a day or two.