• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2007 OCS time line...

Freezerburn7

I have sent my initial packet into my recruiter. I am waiting on a few documents from school to finish it off. I am trying to get to MEPS in early July. Then I guess it is a flight physical in Pensacola and boards. It is June now and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I still have a shot at getting into the October 2007 OCS class in Quantico? I'm not sure when people usually have all this done in relation to going to OCS. Any one else in a hurry to get in?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
You have time. I have Candidates out of my OSO's office who are planning on OCC-196 (October) and havnt even put their package in yet.

Trev82

pilot
I had to do my flight physical prior to getting selected....i was always under the impression that this was required. Why would they select a canidate for air, then later after a flight physical have to NPQ her/him b/c of something they discover. Both times i applied which were out of two diff offices, sacramento and san diego they had me do the flight physical and include it in my packet before it went to the board.. As far as when to get it in, i've always heard the earlier the better..

SNA Select OCC196

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
So If I'm gound, but want to go Air. I have enough time?

My OSO said that my package could go before the July 19th board or the one in August.

Trev82

pilot
Your chances are better if you get your packet in as early as possible as mentioned earlier. So with that you may want to do EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to have it submitted by the July board, otherwise slots will be taken, and your chances will diminish by the august board.....have you take your astb? Done a PFT? Filled out the basic application? Done the security background check? Flight Physical? I'd get movin...

m3urthy

Your chances are better if you get your packet in as early as possible as mentioned earlier. So with that you may want to do EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to have it submitted by the July board, otherwise slots will be taken, and your chances will diminish by the august board.....have you take your astb? Done a PFT? Filled out the basic application? Done the security background check? Flight Physical? I'd get movin...

Everything except the Flight Physical. How do they eyes figure into the picture? Im a L 20/100 and a R 20/80.

Don't mind PRK-ing on my dime.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The vision that you listed qualifies for a NFO slot (assuming other things dont DQ you). Pilot requires 20/40 or better.

As for the flight physicals, OCCers have to go before OCS. PLC-C goes afterwards.

Slammer2

Contributor
Crazy. I guess it doesnt matter then. I didnt do my flight physical until a few months after OCS.

williamtcox

I've had my flight physical done before I was allowed to submit for 2007 Oct. I am still trying to up my PFT before the July boards though.

19 PULL
83 Crunch
21:40 5k (estimate)
PFT 255

m3urthy

I've had my flight physical done before I was allowed to submit for 2007 Oct. I am still trying to up my PFT before the July boards though.

19 PULL
83 Crunch
21:40 5k (estimate)
PFT 255

Nice scores. This is where I'm lagging.

12 PU
100 Crunch
23:00 run

230 pft. My OSO said to have 15 and he'd submit my package for SNA. I've been MIA with a pretty nasty cold for the past week, and I've done no physical activity. I just came back from a 4 mile run and my nose is dripping with yeahh....

Like I said, would getting PRK on my own accord help in anyway? Would I need to let the board know that I'd be getting it?

Slammer2

Contributor
Well theres a few options you could do. One would be contract as NFO and go to OCS. Try to switch to a pilot contract afterwards (could be difficult) or get the PRK now and wait the 6 months and then try to get a pilot contract afterwards with a PRK waiver. But you cant really get a pilot slot now with intentions of getting PRK and it going right. You have to contract as something else and then switch, or just wait.