• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

ak47

PRK waiver was approved

My PRK waiver was approved yesterday and the OCS package is in the placement stage now.

exo

My PRK waiver was approved yesterday and the OCS package is in the placement stage now.

Good news AK47, I'm in the same boat and have been curious about the wait times for PRK waiver, I hear they can be length. What day did you go for your auxiliary eye exam?

pmasters

Finally got my FS, swearing in sometime next week. There aren't any fellow BDCPers out in Pittsburgh by any chance? All I can find are ROTC kids... and half of them are Marine options.

ak47

will be notified soon

Almost Final Selection time. Anyone heard anything?

I received information from my package processor " final selection result will be notified soon", but I don't know "soon" means days or hours.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
MEPS won't clear me until my 6 month PRK check-up. Fortunatly that is coming quickly (28 December) so I should have my FS some time after the first of the year and into February.

exo

Flyer, MEPS isn't the last stop for your PRK waiver, it goes from MEPS to an external eye consultation, to Naval Recruiting Command, to BUPERS NOMI. I'd try to get your OR to get it as far down the line as possible.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
My fs was rejected!? Dont have a record at all! zero! Anyone else have this issue? I am sure it is probably just a paperwork error. It just sucks having to probably wait another week or maybe more.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Flyer, MEPS isn't the last stop for your PRK waiver, it goes from MEPS to an external eye consultation, to Naval Recruiting Command, to BUPERS NOMI. I'd try to get your OR to get it as far down the line as possible.

I've been in frequent contact with my OR, who has been top notch through this entire process and i'm glad he is in my district, says MEPS keeps sending my paperwork back and wants my 6 month paperwork before scheduling my physical.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
They didnt even give a reason! The FS was just denied. My recruiter thinks it was a paperwork issue. I dont have anything to hide so I have no idea what it could be. Unless they pro rec me by accident? lol

pmasters

My official FS letter came yesterday. Just got the call today from my new recruiter (I did my initial application at home, not school) and my swear in date is set for Wednesday. After a long, long wait its finally time to make the commitment, and one step closer to OCS.

PS my current OCS date is slated for June 2010, anyone (probably) classing up with me?

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
PS my current OCS date is slated for June 2010, anyone (probably) classing up with me?

I'm graduating May 2010, so that's almost certainly when I'd be going to OCS (assuming I get my final select....after waiting so long for Pro-Rec, about 5 weeks, the 5 weeks I'm waiting for FS seems an eternity).

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
they might have the new OCS chow hall up by 2010 ... that'll bring in a whole new world of pensacola-OCS style suck!

at least that was the rumor when i was there earlier this year, they were expecting to break ground on it sometime in 2009.