• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

exo

It seems a bit strange that the BDCP guys hear so much sooner than the straight OCS guys. Maybe BDCP doesn't get security before FS. A lot of November pro-rec's have received their FS, while us October pro-rec's seem to only have one straight OCS FS. My recruiter is finally goign to talk to the process to see what the deal is, but this wait seems longer in general than other months...

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Well atleast were all in it together. Leads me to believe that its not our fault. "Just gotta keep on keepin on" (Joe Dirt).

exo

So, anyone want to take bets on whether we'll hear before xmas? OR better yet, take bets that we'll hear before the November straight-to-OCS people hear?

USNMark

So, anyone want to take bets on whether we'll hear before xmas? OR better yet, take bets that we'll hear before the November straight-to-OCS people hear?

Absolutely! How do we get this bet goin? We October applicants have to band together. Let's meet these November posers head on! Just kidding. Seriously though, my liaison officer yesterday said that the Christmas stand down might make us all wait a bit longer. As if the final select results weren't already overdue.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Talked to my guy today! He said my security papers finally made it through! He said they would be sending the FS letter in a few days. So in Navy talk, I will recieve the letter mid January! jk, hopefully shortly after xmas. :)

ps. I signed my fingerprint forms yesterday, so depending on when the papers are sent/stand down I expect my FS in January and according to my OR should have a late January or early February OCS class date.

USNMark

When does the stand down start?

I'm not sure of the exact date, but sometime between right now and Santa's deployment (depending on all our respective NRDs). Something tells me we're all getting tossed back a bit. Oh well, keep the faith my friends.

Talked to my guy today! He said my security papers finally made it through! He said they would be sending the FS letter in a few days. So in Navy talk, I will recieve the letter mid January! jk, hopefully shortly after xmas. :)

haha! yeah as funny as that was, you're probably right.. :yuck_125: the stand down is just simply sending people home for Christmas leave. Less people in the office cutting our orders. I'm guessing within about 3 weeks nearly all of us pro rec applicants will have our contracts. *crossing fingers*

nugget61

pilot
Do I understand correctly that some of you applied and were accepted for SNA before you had your PRK waiver approved (although it was in the works)?

exo

I applied for SNA before and was accepted before my PRK waiver was approved... my recruiter told me that was the only way the process works.

exo

Talked to my OR today. he spoke with his program director, apparently I have been accepted, however they are still waiting to schedule my OCS date.