• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

nugget61

pilot
I'd assume it is already full. I know at least 6 guys from ATL area that got pushed from Sep. to Oct. because of our civilian processor's lack of attention to detail.:icon_rage

Hope not. But I fully intend on seeing him lick the envelope and drop it in the mail to make sure I get out on time. Or fax. Or however it goes.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Hope not. But I fully intend on seeing him lick the envelope and drop it in the mail to make sure I get out on time. Or fax. Or however it goes.

It actually gets scanned and sent electronically. So the day it gets submitted is the day it reaches the board. I imagine that the October board is full by now.

blakaccl1

OH man, I've spent over 10 hours on this site since yesterday. I've changed my job choices over 3 times, and finally I think I know what I want and suits me best, NFO! I guess it's a good thing I gathered as much information as I can before applying. Oh man the wait is killlllling meeeee. The minute hand on the clock just went backwards. Yes I have an old fashioned clock. Tick, tock, tick tock, kcit, kcot. what the hell.

As you can see I changed my avatar haha "I can fly, I'm Pilot" pretty funny quote from Independence day.

oh one quick question....Do they have weightrooms on board the ships?

nugget61

pilot
The October board if full already???? noooooooo.

We're all speculating, so we can only submit and hope for the best - from what I've read, theres a lot of waiting and delaying, so ya might as well get used to it.

OH man, I've spent over 10 hours on this site since yesterday. I've changed my job choices over 3 times, and finally I think I know what I want and suits me best, NFO! I guess it's a good thing I gathered as much information as I can before applying. Oh man the wait is killlllling meeeee. The minute hand on the clock just went backwards. Yes I have an old fashioned clock. Tick, tock, tick tock, kcit, kcot. what the hell.

As you can see I changed my avatar haha "I can fly, I'm Pilot" pretty funny quote from Independence day.

oh one quick question....Do they have weightrooms on board the ships?

Man, I think you need to stick to decaf...

SVT_Cobra

What date did your processor submit? Earlier or sooner than today's date (the 19th).

All of our packets were submitted late for SEP because the OR was in New Orleans for some convention or something. But the processor called me and was like "trust me, you're in, I have a contact at the boards who made sure of it". What a bunch of BS, civilians processors have no pull, so don't let them lie to you like they did me.:icon_rage

Lola

Well I too missed the Sept. boards, so now I'll be Oct. or Nov. provided they aren't already filled. I go to MEPS on Monday and everything will be sent after....more waiting!! :D Good luck guys!

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Well I was planning on applying to the October board but I don't know if I will be able to make it. I've been thrown in a few loops trying to get my ASTB taken care of, and now my recruiter is booked after 2 weeks of being away. I've contacted my NRD and left 3 messages but only received 1 call back so it looks like i'm waiting for my recruiter to have a spot open for me.

In the event that I can get it done soon enough to have my results back in time to submit, here's the rest of my info:

BDCP - SNA Only
21 years old
3.3 GPA Aerospace Engineering @ UCF (2 years left)
No PRT yet (During summer I was at about 10:30 / 65 / 65)
3+ Years Internship w/ General Dynamics (incl. Clearance)
LORs: Family friend, professor, 4 coworkers
1.5 Flight Hours
Misc:
-4 years HS Lacrosse, 1 yr as captain
-100+ community service hours
-National Honor Society for 2 years in HS
-Lead Scholars, 1 year college
-Students for the Exploration & Development of Space (SEDS), college
-American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), college

I'm hoping to get the ASTB done, I really don't want to watch another board go by without me in it!

Good luck to all of you

i graduated UCF in 2007 with a BS in Computer Engineering

are you dealing with the recruiter down there next to the airport in the army reserve facility? a spunky LT that seems to have lots of energy? if so, that is the guy i went through and he's absolute top notch, so much so that i've referred a friend to him.

kick ass on the ASTB and you should be a shoe-in provided you don't NPQ for vision or some other crap.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
If I am in danger of hitting the age limit, will they expedite my application? I am concerned I will be DQ'd due to age because of all the delays.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Well I just got the call from the recruiter. Package ws pushed into the October boards so I'll be in the waiting pool with you guys for this month. Here is a reposting of my stats.

25/M

GPA: 4.0 BS Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle

ASTB: 6/8/5 - 46

PRT: 70 sit ups, 65 Push Ups, 10:13 1 1/2 mile

Private Pilot w/instrument ~ 300hrs

LORs: 1 Retired USAF 0-5, 1 USN 0-4, Family Friend, Pastor, Company Chief Pilot, former flight instructor

Extracurriculars: VP student government, Care Team (work), Mock Trial, Meals on Wheels.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
Applying SNA only

22/M, Texas A&M 3.01GPA Human Resource Development

ASTB 6/6/7 52

PRT 11:15 1.5 mile, 60 PU, 60 CU

LOR 1 SMSgt (USAF), 2 former employers, 1 3 Star General

Extra: Texas A&M Corps of Cadets (Very Involved)

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Well I just got the call from the recruiter. Package ws pushed into the October boards so I'll be in the waiting pool with you guys for this month. Here is a reposting of my stats.

25/M

GPA: 4.0 BS Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle

ASTB: 6/8/5 - 46

PRT: 70 sit ups, 65 Push Ups, 10:13 1 1/2 mile

Private Pilot w/instrument ~ 300hrs

LORs: 1 Retired USAF 0-5, 1 USN 0-4, Family Friend, Pastor, Company Chief Pilot, former flight instructor

Extracurriculars: VP student government, Care Team (work), Mock Trial, Meals on Wheels.

What are you applying for? And how do you not get at least an 8/8/8/70 on ASTB with a 4.0 in Aeronautics?

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
I must have cut that part off

Applying SNA/NFO/SWO

I don't take tests well. That is why my scores don't reflect my current GPA. I'm sure if I took the ASTB over again I could improve but I have never took any test well.