• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
My OR called...I got jets!

How did you manage to get selected on the OCT boards for JETS when it hasn't even happened yet? Are you sure that your OR didn't mean, "Yes, you made it to the JET (SNA) board." Just don't want you to get your hopes up, only to have them squashed should you not get selected... I am sure you will get selected though. If I am wrong, which judging from past posts I have made and everyones comments I probably am, then CONGRAGULATIONS!

Also I thought that during flight school and training is where you get either Jets, Fixed, Prop, HELO, etc. Am I wrong about that, or do they pick you up for Jets right away on the boards?

nugget61

pilot
How did you manage to get selected on the OCT boards for JETS when it hasn't even happened yet? Are you sure that your OR didn't mean, "Yes, you made it to the JET (SNA) board." Just don't want you to get your hopes up, only to have them squashed should you not get selected... I am sure you will get selected though. If I am wrong, which judging from past posts I have made and everyones comments I probably am, then CONGRAGULATIONS!

Also I thought that during flight school and training is where you get either Jets, Fixed, Prop, HELO, etc. Am I wrong about that, or do they pick you up for Jets right away on the boards?

............................................................wow.
Selection for us is years away. It was a joke.

nugget61

pilot
So just got in touch with my OR and he tells me the list isn't out for Oct tabled applicants? :confused: I'm confused... do they have regional boards or something?

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot

i think he was joking

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
Well my package didn't make it in for OCT so that opens up a slot for you guys.:D That could be a good thing though with the cluster%&*# thats apparently forming for this board...

Well good luck, I'm taking my ball and going home :icon_smil(hopefully Nov. board)

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Well my package didn't make it in for OCT so that opens up a slot for you guys.:D That could be a good thing though with the cluster%&*# thats apparently forming for this board...

Well good luck, I'm taking my ball and going home :icon_smil(hopefully Nov. board)

So the board is full then, i'll be up with you in November as well. I just talked to my OR today and the police record check just got back to him today so it wasn't submitted last week as I thought. Funny thing is they didn't even have a record of the ticket, so I waited for nothing. Oh well, better late than never!

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
So the board is full then, i'll be up with you in November as well. I just talked to my OR today and the police record check just got back to him today so it wasn't submitted last week as I thought. Funny thing is they didn't even have a record of the ticket, so I waited for nothing. Oh well, better late than never!

Whoa... back up... I didn't get in because the request for my prior service record took FOREVER and that was all I was waiting on, not because of some unconfirmed "quota" being filled...

Looks like you'll be joining me in NOV (in theory)

nugget61

pilot
So is boom the only one that knows they're in on this board? Do you know that you are in on the board, or was it just that your package was received and printed out there? Its weird that you could have heard and my OR is in the dark. And by weird I mean unfair.

So is boom the only one that knows they're in on this board? Do you know that you are in on the board, or was it just that your package was received and printed out there? Its weird that you could have heard and my OR is in the dark. And by weird I mean unfair.

My OR said he received word from "them" that my package was received and I made the October board. So I'll know in only a few more weeks. :p

atrickpay

BDCP SNA

Oh ok, well then I guess you and I could still make it in. Technically they take packages up until the day before the board (or so i'm told), but that is only if the board hasn't filled by then.

And I asked my recruiter about the digital submission, and he confirmed that he scans it all up as well, and then it goes up through a few processors before it reaches the board. I don't know how long that really takes, but they don't meet for about another week. So I guess it's possible, but not probable.