• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct or Nov 2017 Aviation Board

John Leach

When is the deadline to send in your packet for the Oct. FY18 board? I've been working with my recruiter since July but he is has been very bad at staying in touch with me; seldom answers emails and phone calls. I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks. Stopped by the station today and learned he won't be back in town until next week. When we last talked we agreed I would retake the ASTB this week (Sept. 18-22) but he never followed up with a confirmation date. I don't want to miss the Oct. board but I feel helpless. Any help?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When is the deadline to send in your packet for the Oct. FY18 board? I've been working with my recruiter since July but he is has been very bad at staying in touch with me; seldom answers emails and phone calls. I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks. Stopped by the station today and learned he won't be back in town until next week. When we last talked we agreed I would retake the ASTB this week (Sept. 18-22) but he never followed up with a confirmation date. I don't want to miss the Oct. board but I feel helpless. Any help?

I posted an FY18 board schedule that with a SIMPLE SEARCH you can easily find.

YEoMan

The deadline for the 3 October 17 SNA/NFO Board was 1 September 17. @RUFiO181, posted the board schedule in a different thread. Search his message history to locate the excel document.

Loofahs

I posted an FY18 board schedule that with a SIMPLE SEARCH you can easily find.

Your FY18 board lists a February board, yet you have stated that you are confident there will be no Jan/Feb aviation board this upcoming year. Am I misunderstanding your posts or will this following board be skipped?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Your FY18 board lists a February board, yet you have stated that you are confident there will be no Jan/Feb aviation board this upcoming year. Am I misunderstanding your posts or will this following board be skipped?

What are you talking about? I searched previous posts and don't ever recall saying a Jan/Feb board won't take place.

Loofahs

This has been mentioned on AWs countless times. This has also been passed to the field COUNTLESS times. Based off the fact the next Aviation Board isn't scheduled for February recruiters should have rushed folks across this board.

Yeah there was something posted on here showing a board in February but my recruiter says the next scheduled Pilot/NFO board after October isn't until April

Perhaps I misunderstood this, but regardless I am very happy to hear the next board is in February!

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
Fellow AWO1, just applied as well.
Glad to be on this board with ya!

I had to do additional paperwork in order for NAMI to determine me physically qualified for OCS. It was super easy for me to walk-in and get it done at medical. Emailed the additional paperwork and had the word I made board the day after.

We are just 12% from total applicants. :confused:

From everyone's scores, looks like everyone has a solid chance. Me however...abysmal! Retaking next month. Have gouge, ASTB guide, and a GRE math workbook.

Aircrewman2010

I had to do additional paperwork in order for NAMI to determine me physically qualified for OCS. It was super easy for me to walk-in and get it done at medical. Emailed the additional paperwork and had the word I made board the day after.

From everyone's scores, looks like everyone has a solid chance. Me however...abysmal! Retaking next month. Have gouge, ASTB guide, and a GRE math workbook.

I haven't had any update since sending in my package besides a confirmation.

I took the ASTB twice and the second time scored much higher in the line scores but took a hit on my OAR. This will be my only shot at the board because of age.

Good luck to you!

Safashton

I didn't know NAMI did that, I thought it was just N3M at NRC that determines if you meet the DOD standards for commissioning, and that NAMI came later while at OCS.

exNavyOffRec

I didn't know NAMI did that, I thought it was just N3M at NRC that determines if you meet the DOD standards for commissioning, and that NAMI came later while at OCS.

N3M determines if you are eligible for commission, NAMI determines flight eligibility, the letters often say N3M defers to NAMI for suitability in aviation programs.

Safashton

N3M determines if you are eligible for commission, NAMI determines flight eligibility, the letters often say N3M defers to NAMI for suitability in aviation programs.

Gotcha, my letter does say that. I didn't realize that that portion was done prior to arriving to OCS. I thought it means that NAMI would determine eligibility there when completing the flight physical there.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Gotcha, my letter does say that. I didn't realize that that portion was done prior to arriving to OCS. I thought it means that NAMI would determine eligibility there when completing the flight physical there.

It better say that. If not it means your recruiter/processor never submitted your medical record/physical for review.

Usually the second to last sentence in the N3M letter says "N3M refers to NAMI for suitability for aviation programs..."