• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct 2010 board

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Any tips on how to improve my bros package? Other than scoring higher on the ASTB.

A bump in GPA couldn't hurt. Maybe retake the classes he did the worst in? Something to get him above a 3.0 would be nice. That's a glaringly huge fault. I had a 3.0 and was still selected...so it can be done.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
A bump in GPA couldn't hurt. Maybe retake the classes he did the worst in? Something to get him above a 3.0 would be nice. That's a glaringly huge fault. I had a 3.0 and was still selected...so it can be done.

I agree here, however, I had a lower GPA than that and was selected. It wouldn't hurt though to do what eas7888 just recommended.

agoody117

hmmm still haven't heard anything from SWO or Supply...

ugh.

now i'm paranoid my package was not even seen infront of the October Boards.

agoody117

if thats the case i will be upset. Everything was done on my end in august and barely missed the september boards ... if i didn't make the october boards I will be mad...

T

Triangles

Hey. take it from me.. The weight was what failed you. "Big Navy" is pushing for fit sailors that can go fill the role of soldiers by forfilling IA's. That is what messed up your package. Quick fix would be to get on P90X and take it serious! Get the results, then reapply. I also have high ranking officer contacts to help you out if you need the LOR's.

R/
Triangles

james23

+1

P90x does truly work, especially with a very good low-carb diet. It is not easy but just stick with it and you will be amazed when you see the results.

Lucy

Good to know. Husband and I decided we wanted to do it and start tomorrow. :-D He saw commericals, I saw on here. Wish us luck!

dbentley

I got a pilot slot...MEPS on Tuesday.

Got the news in an email from my old recruiter saying "Hey I heard you got a pilot slot, congratulations buddy!"

had to call my current recruiter to confirm the good news haha

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

Got the news in an email from my old recruiter saying "Hey I heard you got a pilot slot, congratulations buddy!"

Congrats... Can you post your stats so others may see?

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK

Congratulations. Just curious, but why did u just find out? Do they not send all of the results out at the same time or was your OR just very busy and just got around to it? I'm new to this process and eagerly awaiting early December; wish me luck :D.

dbentley

22 yrs old Male

ASTB 8/8/8/64

B.S. Mechanical Engineering 3.5 gpa

Private pilot license, glider rating

and I think it helps that I'm half filipino ha

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Well I didn't get selected. I have never posted on here before so here are my stats (just in case someone wants to know what it takes to not get selected, lol)

Applying for SNA
23/M
8/8/8 63
3.84 GPA BBA Finance
3.9 GPA with 4 classes to finish a Master's in Management. (Lots of leadership courses)
Private Pilot's License with about 85 hrs.

4 LOR's
Captain of APSU Police. Former Marine enlist and Army officer. Bronze star recipient
Former Captain of Lafayette Police Dept/ SWAT team commander. Currently my boss for campus job.
Former Master Sergeant (Army) Bronze Star Recipient
Former Cobra Pilot (Army) Distinguished Flying Cross Recipient.

Now for the bad:
Convicted of reckless driving June 2009. DUI and Evading dropped and expunged. Waiver received for all.

My recruiter said he's fairly certain that the reason I wasn't selected was the legal record. Reaffirming this is the fact that they added a comment that I couldn't re-apply until April. (April is exactly 2 years after I was arrested for above charges). Can anyone offer any insight as to why else they would want to wait until April?

I believe the moral of my story is don't be stupid and take a chance of throwing away your dreams because you don't want to sleep on a friend's couch. And don't run when you realize the gravity of the situation (if you do make the first mistake). I'm not giving up, but I have been jumping through hoops for quite a while now trying to fix a mistake made in minutes.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

The next SNA board won't be until April. That may be the reason why. Also, six months is the standard time for someone to re-apply. To be honest, the Navy has the ability to be picky with who they choose. If there were other applicants with slightly lower scores (there were) without your legal record (again, there were), they would probably rather have them.

I'm not saying you're a bad person. Good people make mistakes all the time, but in this situation, especially with your desire to be a naval aviator, having a reckless driving conviction isn't exactly going to help you. If you're sincere about becoming a Naval officer, wait out the six months, working your ass of doing community service, and re-apply. Hell, if you finish out your Spring semester for your masters, you would look that much better on paper.