• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NVRDNK

So I've found a couple threads about this already but most of them were during the old tattoo regulations and one guy had previous active duty experience, so I thought I'd ask for myself. I have three tattoos and they are all about the size of my hand, two of them are hidden by a T-shirt but one of them is on my forearm. It's nothing obscene just a mountain scene. Would this give me issues in trying to become an officer? I know for enlisted the tattoo policy is very lenient now, but I'm not sure if they hold officers to a different standard or not.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I've found a couple threads about this already but most of them were during the old tattoo regulations and one guy had previous active duty experience, so I thought I'd ask for myself. I have three tattoos and they are all about the size of my hand, two of them are hidden by a T-shirt but one of them is on my forearm. It's nothing obscene just a mountain scene. Would this give me issues in trying to become an officer? I know for enlisted the tattoo policy is very lenient now, but I'm not sure if they hold officers to a different standard or not.

Are you currently working with an officer recruiter? Ask him/her this question and let us know what they say.

NVRDNK

Are you currently working with an officer recruiter? Ask him/her this question and let us know what they say.
No, not currently. I still have a couple years left before my degree and I was told to start working with recruiters the summer before my last year. I'd like to know if this disqualifies me or not so I have time to get it removed if needed.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Hammer10k

pilot
You should be fine as long as it doesn't go past the wrist. I had OCS classmates in 2016 with full-sleeves and calves.

NVRDNK

You should be fine as long as it doesn't go past the wrist. I had OCS classmates in 2016 with full-sleeves and calves.
Thanks for the answer. Was he the only one or are they more common? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a Naval Officer with any visible tattoos.

Hammer10k

pilot
Thanks for the answer. Was he the only one or are they more common? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a Naval Officer with any visible tattoos.

There were a handful with visible tattoos. One had a sleeve, another had a sleeve and calf, and a third had a half sleeve. I wouldn't worry about it.

Matty Morocco

I'll repeat what my recruiter told me after I submitted my package: "Don't get hurt, don't get arrested, don't do drugs, don't get a tattoo, and I'll let you know if I need anything else from you."