• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

BYSun

"don't try and make it any harder than it is. go rent officer and a gentleman and top gun and drink beer."

Best study plan I have heard yet...
glasses_125.gif

Thanks for the encouragement.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

privateer

wilsonator is right on the money. Be able to make your in PFA and forget about OCS until you get there. There is absolutely no way to do better and worse yet, no way of knowing you are doing good. You will be a worthless yoohoo until the day you make candieass erra candio.

One of our candios said something really funny in squadbay one night as he was yelling at us, "Like a midget with a candle...that really burns my ass!" He was trying to make us laugh and boy did he! He was the greatest person at OCS I had the chance to know. Others will agree and I wish him the best of luck with his new career in the Navy.

ckligg01

Listen up.....I'm going to give you some advice. Most people here are retards.... Out of shape fat people who spent more time playing video games than football, and are too busy wondering who the cool DI's are and what GTX is and what to bring and what kind of jets they are going to fly.... I have some news for you... If you can't run, do sit-ups, push-ups, stand at attention for long periods of time, and deal with constant bull ****, the only jet you will fly in will be the 727 on your way back to Deerlick, IN with a story about OCS that you can tell your pals about when you are playing PS2, dreaming about being in Top Gun and sitting on your butt-crack nasty asses. Before you come to OCS, get in the best shape you can get in. ie. 105 sit-ups, 87 push-ups, and run 1.5 miles in less than 9 mins. If you do that, you will have nothing to worry about. You can find out all the gouge and funny Gunny Carlsson stories when you are drinking beers after you pass your 4th week RLP. And don't worry about what an RLP is. Just take one thing at a time and you will be fine. We are graduating on Friday and I over heard some people from my class talking about flying F/A-18's and they haven't even been to API yet. That is the stuff that kills people. Worry about the now and if you are comming to OCS, stop reading all the trash, it will just trip you up. Get in shape and bring 3 t-shirts, 3 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, and a shave kit. Everything else will work it self out. Don't try to to win the game, just learn to play. Have some heart and try your best. oh... if you are going to be in 22-03 tell daddy I say hello.....

Good luck.

jrklr

yeah, pretty harsh post, but I kinda like it. except the part about not playing enough football, that's just stupid. I think there are people that worry too much though and this post is kinda a reality check. but don't let it get to you or offend you.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
That post was funny because it's true. By the way, you won't be serving with anyone who isn't in shape enough to make it through the program. People ask the same thing about Marine OCS. "Do they always yell at you?" Who cares? Can you run like the wind and stand at attention while that person you're asking about IS yelling at you? I figure it's not about sweating the details. Those details should be for amusement only. The one thing you should absolutely do before OCS is take an intense physical and mental inventory before you leave. Those two things are what will get you through, not knowing how to fold your socks beforehand. I'm going to quit before I hop on my huge soapbox. Good luck to those of you who are worried about getting yelled at.

marcb747

That post was kinda harsh but I agree with him.

Don't sweat the details and get off the computer, start runnin'.

We had a guy in our class who came straight from the fleet to OCS with hardly anything. No bags, gear, underwear...I mean nothing, except for a little grocery bag with toothpaste and a toothbrush. The class ended up pitching in whatever extras they had for this guy.

He is now an Ensign in Supply School.

phrogs

Dont show up with a bunch of stuff, but show up with more than 3 pairs of socks. oh yeah, make sure they are not the short type. I showed up with 7 pairs of socks, but all of them were the "just above the ankle" type. I lost my gouge book 3 times in the first week cause it wouldn't stay in my sock. oh yeah, I put my locker combo in my gouge book too!!!! needless to say, I didn't have a very good poopy week. B).....but I made it through!!!!! Don't sweat the small stuff...Adapt and overcome.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

phrogs

I remember walking into my room and it being trashed because a locker was left open. In the middle of the room there was a bunch of powder showing the outline of a rifle....but of course the rifle was nowhere to be found. Pretty funny now, not so much then.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

shdostel

Well, well, well. I see there are a few people that were in GTX the same time I was. I knew Erickson, and he was seriously thinking of going to be a Chaplain. That would be right up his alley. No one, however, was as jacked up as Ossman. By the way, we called GySgt Carelson the "White Devil."

hawkdocfmf

I was in class 12-03 and the forward slime instead of forward march and individuals instead of class 14-03 was pretty dam funny, but one of the funniest things that happend when I was there was Sunday night chow. There were I think three classes there all secured and the chow hall procedures were done in different languages. One class did Vietnamese, Spanish, etc. The whole place was busting up.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Thats classic. Chow hall procedures in Vietnamese. Carlson asked if we were in the choir because he thought we were singing the procedures. But the diff languages is funny as hell.

Patmack, where are you now.

Dave

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Corpus. Doing my RI flights. This Tropical storm is playing hell with our scheds. We probably wont fly until Thursday next week as all the planes from CC have been sent out of town.

How longs the wait for API?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.