• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironnads

Does anyone out there have a good OCS story to share? I've got a few. One day in GTX we were all eating in the chow hall and Carlson was walking up and down the aisles like he normally does and he stopped right in front of three girls. He turned, faced them, and said very loudly, "Who's the fattest girl in OCS?". "Williams, I think it's you". Also in chow hall one day, Reyes stopped in front of the detail leader and demanded that he give us more time to pray because Erickson needed that prayer in order to finally pass his PFA, get commisioned, and proceed to damage the entire navy.

Ironnads

Erickson was a "special individual" stuck in his 9th week because he couldn't pass the run. He was tested every wednesday and always seemed to fail by a few seconds. Every DI had him marked and a lot of guys made fun of him. He was kind of a dorky guy with a PHD if that tells you something. He was in great shape, and could turn out the push-ups and sit-ups with no problem, but he had some kind of mental block with the run. I think it was a self-esteem thing really. I felt sorry for him because he tried hard and he had been persistent. He just couldn't get his head right with ball.

Travis Alexander

sonnyb

Travis,

Is carlson the really short DI? Also, is the out-prt tested the 9th week of OCS? and if you fail, do you get rolled back?
thanks

jrklr

i agree too that it's really just a game. don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's the most challenging and excrusiating 3 months of someone's life, but it's not the real world and I don't think people should worry about it so much, whether you're in it or going to be in it. I haven't been, so I don't know this for sure, this what a captain that graduated OCS told me about it though.

grouch

I heard the Fox network was going to be filming class 17-03 for an upcoming reality TV show. I contacted Fox about it and they said it was in the works but couldn't confirm the date. I wonder if that will make the DIs harder?

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
The DIs won't be any harder, they'll just be midgets. And you'll have to PT while being attacked by a bear and Anna Nicole Smith.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

jrklr

laughs, that's good.
I also heard that the class will meet each week and vote a candidate off.

hunsakerb

Gunny carlson was not a sniper in Desert Storm. He went to sniper school in 2001 and is credited as being the oldest to complete the program. And no where on his bio does it even mention that fact that he is a sniper. However, he is definitely a BMF. As for the 30 kills, that is news to me. Maybe true, but not as a sniper.

shadowman

Travis Alexander

How about you quit telling stories about others in OCS and make some of your own. Start by getting out of GTX, dont let your career end there like many others have. Pick yourself up, dust off and get to week 13. Stay focused and you can do it. Then you can start doing what you really joined the navy for! Oh ya, Gunny Carlsson (correct sp.) never killed anyone, I asked him!

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
GTX wasn't that bad, but I was there for three weeks waiting for the bursitus (SP) in my knees to go away. That is like having tennis elbow in your knees, not to fun and I could hardly walk at times, but the navy gave me Vitamin M to ease the pain. And when I classed back up I was still surviving on that Vitamin!!! but I made it to week 13.
Hooo-Rah

Ironnads

I thought I picked the info about Carlson up from his bio. If it's not there, then it must have just been a GTX rumor. It doesn't really have anything to do with the story anyway. I was just trying to relay to those who have not been to OCS that Carlson is an intimidating figure, but he says some funny things.

P.S. Shadowman
I won't be dusting myself off......Your mom likes it dirty

frogggystyle

Be glad if you didn't have GySgt Rocquemore(sp). That guy was like Darth Vadar. When we were CandiOs, every time we saw him enter a space we'd hum the Star Wars tune that was played when Darth Vadar was around. He was sinister, I swear. hehe

My DI was GySgt Jones. That man is the poo. He picked up First Sergeant after we graduated in February of 2002.

Paul Burke

Well, I don't have an app going to the Navy so I can tell all the really good stories. :)

Another little tidbit about GYSGT Carlsson was his teaching swing dancing on Friday nights at the VFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.