• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogggystyle

I have a story. We got up for morning PT and heard the uniform of the day over the 1MC. The voice announced that we were to wear sweat bottoms and our sweat top. Three people took the message so 'to-the-letter' that they did not put on shorts under their sweat bottoms. So we go and run, then we grouped up for our cool down exercises. One of the DIs ordered everyone to remove their sweat bottoms. The three guys in the back did not comply. The DI ran over to them and asked what their problem was. One of them spoke up and said they did not have anything on under their sweat bottoms but their jockstrap. The DI ordered them to remove their sweat bottoms...all to the applauding family members that were there for "Hi moms."

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

HAIRLIP

Y IS GUNY CARLSON SO TUFF, R ALL THE DI'S LIKE HIM...I HOPE I DONT GET HIM...WHAT IS GTX?
R ALL THE DI'S MEAN?
I MIGHT BE GOIN SOON TO OCS.

frogggystyle

Not if you communicate like you type.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

HAIRLIP

ok......I hate to type I abbreviate everything...............so what...
What other things can one expect from the drill instructor's, other than being called fat.
Tell me what I will learn from th DI's, that will be useful in the future.

the lip

frogggystyle

Discipline, respect, and your place.

marcurb

What we have learned from GySgt Aurelio is to not **** up chow hall procedures or our ass is going to the SUYA. The teach you drill man, and how to RPT, which is remidial pt, basically they put your ass in the grass and bend and thrust you until your little heart pops. HAHA. That is Carlsson favorite saying, HAHA. He is funny but crude. Our drill instructor is the best. Our drill instructor teaches us to work as a team, we had to go back to poopies this week, and move back to squad bay, which was a lesson in team building. Dont let your class get into bad habbits about joking around and not taking OCS seriously. The louder you all are and the more locked on you all are, the better you will be. Just know it all man, and by that I mean your whole class should work together to get **** done. Dont, at all, get contraband. No matter what, it isnt worth it. Wait until you get secured and then put it in your car because you can go out every night and eat all the **** you want. During our 2nd poopie phase we had to say forward slime instead of forward march and individuals instead of class 14-03. It was kind of funny but also embarrassing. One of the funniest things I have seen was when Carlsson made his class whisper in chow hall, "our arms are straight, sir" When you get here you will understand what I am talking about. Anyway, keep your heads up and in the game.

"Gentlemen: All the Branches of the Service are 'Honorable and Noble.' Each one of you has served your country well. Be proud of that."

(signed) GOD, USN (Ret)

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Keep whispering candidate, that's an aye aye sir. Excuse me. Ooh rahhh Senior Poopies, lookin mean in those poopie greens! Sorry, I had to say it, since we did our run by on you the other day. Just kiddin, we were suffering right along with you tryin to keep from getting killed for laughing at forward slime or individuals, seats. Keep your chin up, you'll secure after the PI. We'll see you next Saturday for the welcome aboard and the dining out. There are about 7-8 of us in 13 that post or have posted here. Good luck senior poopies.

frogggystyle

I remember this kid who was sitting at the indoc table. The section leader raised his hand and everyone stopped eating but this kid. The DI ran over and screamed at him, then slapped the fork out of his hand. The piece of meat he was about to eat was hanging out of his mouth. He sat there at attention with it dangling off his chin. We had a hard time suppressing the laughter on that one.

marcb747

Hey Marcurb,

Glad to see 14's back in wash khakis.
It was really hard for us to keep our bearing everytime we hear "NASTY 14...MARCHING IN FOR CHOW!" or "PROCEED...INDIVIDUALS!"

I think GySgt Aurelio is really cool. He cracks me up everytime he calls out Wong! "Yohoo...Wong..Wong...where are you? So what do you think about Navy chow Wong? Is it sufficient quantity and quality? Would you recommend it to your relatives???"

Then this week, we were marching out of the chowhall and we passed by your senior poopie table...GySgt Aurelio goes..." Damn...I wish my class can march like that!...and as soon as he says that, one of us screwed up and he goes..." get your asses back right now!" and we had to start all over. it was really funny.

Hang in there brother! So how's Kidd doing? He is funny as hell! We sure miss his antics here in Batt 1.

marcb747

Oh BTW, just be lucky you're not in 15. They have 2 drill instructors if you know what I mean. Carlsson mashes them 3 times a day I swear. Everytime we're in chowhall and we hear a collective "AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" outside...
Everyone knows right away that 15's getting mashed!

Paul Burke

Hey Ironnads

Yeah, It was a deer tick in my ear which caused the migraine that those SOB's at NAMI wouldn't give me a waiver for. It happened when I was enlisted though, not as a kid

bomber

I was in Class 20-97. We failed to secure on our first MTT, and became the laughingstock of the Battalion (there was only one battalion back then). We secured a couple of weeks later on the PI, but we still needed some way to earn a little respect. Our DI, GYSGT Dozier, decided the Drill Comp would be great for this, so he drilled the daylights out of us. The last three or four classes before us had missed the drill pennant, so we had a pretty clear goal going into the comp.

The Saturday before Drill Comp, we got the word that Batt II was being re-opened, and we would be the first class moving in. So, we spent the morning packing up and moving across the parking lot into the upstairs wing of Batt II. We knew somebody was living downstairs, because we were not allowed down there. Later we found out it was Saudi flight students, and since they were both officers and guests on NASP, their living conditions were considerably more relaxed than ours were. In fact, we didn't see them at all that weekend.

Monday morning we got up early for Drill Comp. We scored something like 104 or 105 out of a possible 112; I think 97 would get us the pennant. Master Guns told Gunny Dozier we looked pretty good, and after he left, Dozier called us all together and said, "You got the pennant, and that's good, but you broke 100, and that's really good. I'm proud of you." That was the first compliment we had earned from him, so between that and our score, we were really pumped up. He dismissed us, and the section leader marched us back to the driveway back by the pit. When we fell out, it was our first opportunity to express ourselves, so we let loose with the cheers and yells. We had to get ready for class, so we charged up the stairs, still yelling at the top of our lungs. Apparently, nobody told the Saudis that our class had taken over the top of their building. Several of them were standing at the bottom of the stairs, smoking their morning cigarettes. Imagine their surprise when suddenly 30 screaming, wild-eyed, rifle-carrying OCs rounded the corner on a dead run toward them. That was almost 6 years ago, and I still remember the look in their eyes .... definitely one of the highlights of my OCS experience.

wilsonator

all those who are going to ocs, I'll give you some advice. it is a doable program and trying to figure it out before you get there will only stress you out. any help you need will be given to you by upper classmen when you need it. get selected and then relax because it will be a demanding 3 months but makeable. don't try and make it any harder than it is. go rent officer and a gentleman and top gun and drink beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.