• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

BDfan88

Some additional info, due to people dropping off, yet again they will hold a small pilot/nfo/swo board early December, they have said they are going to be very selective.

There is also going to be some SWO options picked but I didn't write down that date, as well very selective as they only need single digits, very specific, for IP/IW hard science, for Oceano they want either a BS in Meterology or Oceanography.
What do you think the selection % is going to be for pilot for this small board?

exNavyOffRec

I have a new thread called OCS Application changes that potential applicants should read, it may affect some more than others.

cardeea

Here is what that status is as of Friday June 1st. This is ONLY for FY 13 status.

SWO - goal of 133, 121 identified
Surface ED - goal of 3, 0 identified
Surface IP - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface Oceno - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW - goal of 5, 4 identified
Seal - goal of 17, selection process started
EOD - goal of 10, selection process started
NFO - goal of 32, 26 identified
Pilot - goal of 206, 122 identified

AMDO - goal of 3, 3 identified CLOSED
IP - goal of 0, 2 identified CLOSED
IW - goal of 0, 13 identified CLOSED
INTEL - goal of 7, 28 identified CLOSED
PAO - goal of 1, filling with fleet applicants ONLY
Oceano - goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED
Supply - goal of 30, 69 identified CLOSED
CEC - goal of 17, 33 identified CLOSED

Has this updated? The FY13 schedule was released and there are board dates scheduled for all the boards above that states closed. Or are they only seeing the indentified applications?

exNavyOffRec

It is essentially the same, the numbers have changed for pilot/nfo/swo.

The best way to describe any board schedule is it is a "IF needed" schedule, it was modified right after it was put out via email, dates have been pushed or cancelled and most others listed as TBD. This is a common thing, I have seen a board schedule put out and boards cancelled one after the other.

exNavyOffRec

Has this updated? The FY13 schedule was released and there are board dates scheduled for all the boards above that states closed. Or are they only seeing the indentified applications?

New numbers status as of today, and this explains the Pilot/NFO/SWO board in December.

If a person is applying for Pilot or NFO you should have an excellent chance as they need many for FY13 and some for FY14.
IDC should now pick some for EVERY designator in February since they will pick some for FY14 as well but those with tech degrees will have the best shot.
One thing that happened the beginning of this years is goals went down, it is possible that goal adjustments could do the same thing, so like this year people could get pushed to another FY

SWO goal of 151, 150 identified
Surface ED goal of 3, 6 identified CLOSED FY13
Surface IP goal of 6, 4 identified
Surface Oceano goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW goal of 5, 4 identified
NFO goal of 119, 40 identified
Pilot goal of 309, 207 identified
EDO(SEGA) goal of 0, CLOSED FY13
AMDO goal of 7, 3 identified
IP goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED FY13
IW goal of 14, 13 identified (this clears the backlog)
Intel goal of 18, 18 identified CLOSED FY13 (this clears the backlog)
PAO goal of 1, 0 identified only taking apps from those on AD
Oceano goal of 2, 1 identified
Cyberwarfare goal of 3, 2 identified
Supply goal of 77, 70 identified
CEC goal of 58, 52 identified

afwx

Booyahkah
New numbers status as of today, and this explains the Pilot/NFO/SWO board in December.

If a person is applying for Pilot or NFO you should have an excellent chance as they need many for FY13 and some for FY14.
IDC should now pick some for EVERY designator in February since they will pick some for FY14 as well but those with tech degrees will have the best shot.
One thing that happened the beginning of this years is goals went down, it is possible that goal adjustments could do the same thing, so like this year people could get pushed to another FY

SWO goal of 151, 150 identified
Surface ED goal of 3, 6 identified CLOSED FY13
Surface IP goal of 6, 4 identified
Surface Oceano goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW goal of 5, 4 identified
NFO goal of 119, 40 identified
Pilot goal of 309, 207 identified
EDO(SEGA) goal of 0, CLOSED FY13
AMDO goal of 7, 3 identified
IP goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED FY13
IW goal of 14, 13 identified (this clears the backlog)
Intel goal of 18, 18 identified CLOSED FY13 (this clears the backlog)
PAO goal of 1, 0 identified only taking apps from those on AD
Oceano goal of 2, 1 identified
Cyberwarfare goal of 3, 2 identified
Supply goal of 77, 70 identified
CEC goal of 58, 52 identified

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks NavyOffRec for the info. I hope I can grab a FY14 slot for an IDC board. Went to MEPS today because I thought I was going to be applying for SWO in December..............but failed the color vision test so SWO and the SWO options originally planned are done for me :(. Now it is either IW or Intel, but I am perfectly fine competing for those.

exNavyOffRec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks NavyOffRec for the info. I hope I can grab a FY14 slot for an IDC board. Went to MEPS today because I thought I was going to be applying for SWO in December..............but failed the color vision test so SWO and the SWO options originally planned are done for me :(. Now it is either IW or Intel, but I am perfectly fine competing for those.

Given your stats you should have a better shot than others with your tech degree.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

I just did a happy dance. I once promised that I'd change my creepy avatar to something reasonable as soon as I got a pro-rec. The chances of jettisoning this rapey sphere are looking much, much better.

exNavyOffRec

I just did a happy dance. I once promised that I'd change my creepy avatar to something reasonable as soon as I got a pro-rec. The chances of jettisoning this rapey sphere are looking much, much better.

yes, with these numbers if the applicants holds from last time it should be very good selection percent, high enough that if a person isn't selected the board is probably telling them something.

Cleared backlog for Intel? I can safely assume that means we'll all be going this year? I have been hearing mumblings of a date of January 6 final select for myself and another select, and a December date for another August 2011 select. This sounds great.

Reactions: Kay

exNavyOffRec

Cleared backlog for Intel? I can safely assume that means we'll all be going this year? I have been hearing mumblings of a date of January 6 final select for myself and another select, and a December date for another August 2011 select. This sounds great.

nothing like waiting for over a year right! some just dropped and some were found not medically qualified.