• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Questions (For Enlisted)

elijahh36

Good Evening Airwarriors Community,

I’m an active duty sailor who recently submitted an OCS application on APR 9th 2021 for SNA/NFO. Due to me being active duty, no Officer Recruiter was willing to help me but instead told me to speak with my command career councilors for guidance. if your active duty like me, then you’d know the CCCs are most of the time not very helpful when it comes to commissioning programs and my CCC was no different. However, the OCS checklist was pretty straightforward and I was able to get everything done on my own. Now I’m just worried on what’s the status of my application and how would I be able to check it. I tried calling NRC/OCS help desk/ and MyNavyCareer , but all of them said that I have to check with my CCC. I even emailed ocsquestions@navy.mil but haven’t gotten a reply yet and it’s been 3 days. Is there anyway that I could check the status of my application without having to rely off my CCC who knows nothing about the program?
Thanks in advance

nipunsharp

Hey! seems like we are on the exact same boat lol. I also submitted for Apr 09 due date. I emailed my package, got no reply or confirmation of reception of my package. I contacted ocsquestions. That same day I got a reply to my package email saying I had to resend it, but I got no reply from ocsquestions. Either by coincidence or something I got a reply from Mr Celestin (works at CNRC) at 10pm EST. I resent my package, and again no confirmation that they received it, sigh..
On another note, I'm separating in July, so I'm right at that 90 day to EAOS which according to 1420.1B should not make me eligible to apply.. but we'll see.
I called recruiters in Boston region and they were very helpful. Sorry you had some selfish recruiters.

DesertDan

I’m an active duty sailor who recently submitted an OCS application on APR 9th 2021 for SNA/NFO. Due to me being active duty, no Officer Recruiter was willing to help me but instead told me to speak with my command career councilors for guidance. if your active duty like me, then you’d know the CCCs are most of the time not very helpful when it comes to commissioning programs and my CCC was no different. However, the OCS checklist was pretty straightforward and I was able to get everything done on my own. Now I’m just worried on what’s the status of my application and how would I be able to check it. I tried calling NRC/OCS help desk/ and MyNavyCareer , but all of them said that I have to check with my CCC. I even emailed ocsquestions@navy.mil but haven’t gotten a reply yet and it’s been 3 days. Is there anyway that I could check the status of my application without having to rely off my CCC who knows nothing about the program?
Thanks in advance

Hey Elijah, I’m in a similar situation applying for a SWO board. Never received confirmation that my package made it to the board until the “at board” list was posted on this site a week or two before the board was set to convene.
Feel free to shoot me a dm if you have any more specific questions.

Thanks in advance
Do you have Mr Paul Celestine contact info? Me Paul is the processor for all active duty. he will answer all your questions and update you on your package. Here is the email paul.celestin@navy.mil

elijahh36

Hey! seems like we are on the exact same boat lol. I also submitted for Apr 09 due date. I emailed my package, got no reply or confirmation of reception of my package. I contacted ocsquestions. That same day I got a reply to my package email saying I had to resend it, but I got no reply from ocsquestions. Either by coincidence or something I got a reply from Mr Celestin (works at CNRC) at 10pm EST. I resent my package, and again no confirmation that they received it, sigh..
On another note, I'm separating in July, so I'm right at that 90 day to EAOS which according to 1420.1B should not make me eligible to apply.. but we'll see.
I called recruiters in Boston region and they were very helpful. Sorry you had some selfish recruiters.
Wow, it’s good to know I’m not the only one experiencing this. Hopefully your package goes through to the board, I’m sure there will be helpful information posted on this thread soon for us active duty guys.

I am AD and I got selected for OCS. I’m scheduled to report to OCS on 04 July 2021 and the projected graduation date is 30 Sep 2021. My EAOS is Aug 2021. Do I need to reenlist or can my contract expire while at OCS?

nipunsharp

[Refer
I am AD and I got selected for OCS. I’m scheduled to report to OCS on 04 July 2021 and the projected graduation date is 30 Sep 2021. My EAOS is Aug 2021. Do I need to reenlist or can my contract expire while at OCS?
Refer to 1420.1B, I believe it says you need at least 6 months left on your EOS to attend OCS, if you don't then you're authorized to extend up to a year for training/OCS reasons.

T1Schmuckateley_Victor, post: 1028075, member: 76366"]
[/QUOTE]

nipunsharp

Just out of curiosity when was your board date and when did you receive the results that you were selected?

SWUSN

@elijahh36 did you end up getting back a response from Paul? Im in between Duty stations about to PCS soon and have a feeling i will be going through the same difficulties as you when it comes to routing my package. Im trying to set up everything to where i can route things up with little problems, if you have any words of knowledge to pass down that would be awesome. I found the checklist and going to get a commission physical knocked out next week.

elijahh36

Sorry in advance for the late response, but yes I ended up getting a response from Mr. Paul and he was very helpful. When it comes to your situation, I would hold off on getting the CO’s letter of endorsement for now until you make it to your new command (it took me 2 weeks total for my package to get routed up to my CO and signed off, just food for thought). Also, for me, medical took the longest to get done due to my provider having a busy schedule so I recommend you get that dealt with ASAP when you get to your next command. Lastly, when you submit your package, message Paul to confirm if it went through or not. Hope this helps!

allengodbolt

I am reading through the new PA for SWO and I am going to need 2 waivers. One for my age (I am about to be 29) and one for my service time (I hit 8 years next month). Are waivers viewed as a negative by the board members? Are my chances significantly lower submitting 2 waivers? Thanks in advance for the insight!

When I was putting my packet together, I had multiple people who got selected send me their packet so I can reference it. Most of them had waivers ranging from NJPs to age waivers. They all addressed their waiver in their statements & had strong marks on other areas of their applications to compensate for their waivers (high GPA, good evaluations, high OARs.) I would state that your age equals maturity and TIS equals experience! Back that up with whatever is in your packet.

villo0692

When I was putting my packet together, I had multiple people who got selected send me their packet so I can reference it. Most of them had waivers ranging from NJPs to age waivers. They all addressed their waiver in their statements & had strong marks on other areas of their applications to compensate for their waivers (high GPA, good evaluations, high OARs.) I would state that your age equals maturity and TIS equals experience! Back that up with whatever is in your packet.
this reminds me of that time I was talking to an Army recruiter when I wanted to apply to their Warrant Officer Flying Training program...I was 28 and they told me I was too old...that the Army has been pushing this "high school to flight school" thingy lately.....I was like..."idk, who would you rather have flying that Apache...me, or some 19 yr old?" ....the E8 I was talking to agreed