• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS graduate (SWO) AMA

Outside of the IST/PRT, which physical portions (exercises) did people most often roll/attrite during?
outside of the IST, there is fast cruise and RLP both are subjective in that it really depends on who you get as an inspect and which DI/chiefs happen to be around you. If you come here in shape you really have nothing to worry about physically.

eahmed4

What was the swimming portion like? I have very little skill as a swimmer, besides front floating, I can't do much. Can you get rolled for swimming? Appreciate if you could go over that portion more in depth

What was the swimming portion like? I have very little skill as a swimmer, besides front floating, I can't do much. Can you get rolled for swimming? Appreciate if you could go over that portion more in depth
the swim qual at OCS consists of the 100-yard swim, jumping off of a platform, 5-minute float, and coverall inflation. Everyone in our class passed it even if they failed the first time. It is possible to roll for failing the swim qual, but it depends on the class team.

Joselo_0084

the swim qual at OCS consists of the 100-yard swim, jumping off of a platform, 5-minute float, and coverall inflation. Everyone in our class passed it even if they failed the first time. It is possible to roll for failing the swim qual, but it depends on the class team.
Interesting, did they changed the 3rd class swim Qual distance? It used to be 50 yards.

Oh just like a familiarization? No opportunity for ribbon/expert?
yeah, unfortunately, mainly due to covid. They were easing up on the covid practices as I was leaving though they will probably reintroduce it soon. For our class, chow hall procedures were secured due to covid but the newer classes coming in were doing them.

What did most people check into ROM wearing? OCS website says business casual...
Typically normal streetwear I've seen yoga pants, during the RoM period It was up to you, I showed up with a plain long sleeve t-shirt and the jeans I also brought a winter jacket which I used as a blanket for most of ROM as it was super cold and I didn't have blankets or pillows for the first few days I was there. For PT during ROM I was wearing different sets of under armor compression clothing typical gym bro stuff. But nowadays they may make you wear navy pt clothes that you get during RoM to wear but I'm not too sure about that. Overall it doesn't really matter what you wear to RoM as long as it's comfortable warm enough for the weather and it's not too scantily clad.

Csniffen08

Since we go from ROM to boot camp, do they just place all of our luggage and ROM clothes in a protective area until we finish?