• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Combat Course

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Yeah... I did it in the middle of July... no bites, but we saw one go crazy at one of the guys in my squad... I think we saw like 10 snakes that day.

Not only a great place for hot snakes to cool off, but also a great place for tired, hot and exhausted Mids to cool off... [/sarcasm]

Ah, the Night IMC. That was perhaps the best time of all of OCS, if just because it wasn't graded, we were so tired it didn't matter any more, and I felt like one of those cammied, Navy SEAL-type guys in a commercial. The Quigley is a good time, but watch out for water moccassins.

Every day that passes after graduating OCS makes it easier and more fun...

Echo Company, First Platoon - Destroy the Enemy!

DimndDave14

All of the OCS classes do the same events. Each class has there own perks. In the summer the water is not as cold as in the winter, but the runs are brutal because of the hot and humid weather. In the winter you have better running weather but when you do the quigley or Endurance course they have to break the ice before you can get in the water. Just take it in stride and you will only be cold and wet for maybe an hour after the fact. Trust me you are the first one to do to ever do this or the last.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Look at it this way, if you're unfortunate enough not to see any snakes during your 15 minutes in the IMC at OCS, chances are you'll be dealing with them for 96+ hours during the FEX's at TBS.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
at least all the snakes wont be there, when i went through the quigle a water mokisin (spelling?) swam right between my legs

Malice 1

pilot
Texan said:
OK... so I'm looking through the OCS pictures and in the 'combat course' section, I'm seeing a lot of pictures of water and mud that the candidates are mucking through.

Does the January class do the same? is the mud / water frozen at that point, or just 50 bazillion times worse than the summer classes?

Just curious,
Texan

sorry for the thread jack, but....

I just checked into arctic A TBS. How many times will we be getting wet and cold during the POI?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Malice 1 said:

I just checked into arctic A TBS. How many times will we be getting wet and cold during the POI?

Depends on how often it rains and what your staff is like...

Most likely your staff won't let you use Gortex for anything but the rifle range so the rest of the time when it snows, you get wet / cold. When it was raining earlier, you get wet / cold. Expect to get wet on Land Nav, especially night land nav but thats no big deal. I was in Alpha last year so feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Malice 1 said:

I promise, you will be colder at TBS than probably anything you've ever done. Ever spooned another man before to keep warm? Yeah, I hadn't either.

usmcecho4

pilot
FLY_USMC said:
I promise, you will be colder at TBS than probably anything you've ever done. Ever spooned another man before to keep warm? Yeah, I hadn't either.

You know it's cold when you've been left in an LP/OP for 16 hours and are sharing a willy pete bag with another dude for warmth in addition to using your patrol packs as warming layers. Ah good times...attached are some pictures of what you Alpha boys and girls have to look forward to. It's actually better when it decides to snow as opposed to rain but the snow makes for better pictures.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Attachments

• n1402216_30058977_3365.jpg
    n1402216_30058977_3365.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 174
  • n1402216_30058978_3550.jpg
    n1402216_30058978_3550.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 148
  • n1402216_30058979_3691.jpg
    n1402216_30058979_3691.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 164
  • n1402216_30059011_8427.jpg
    n1402216_30059011_8427.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 170

Malice 1

pilot
We had PT today. It actually wasn't that bad. Then we walked from class to class in the snow. I'm acclimating to the cold rather quickly.

I still fear the field though. I don't want to spoon with anyone in my platoon.

usmcecho4

pilot
Malice 1 said:
We had PT today. It actually wasn't that bad. Then we walked from class to class in the snow. I'm acclimating to the cold rather quickly.

Yeah PT isn't bad in the cold. It's the laying in the prone for hours that will get you. I wouldn't want to spoon with any of my platoonmates after only a week either. By the time you hit the field you will be wondering why you didn't spoon before.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Malice 1 said:

You haven't seen anything yet as far as the cold...it WILL get colder...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Malice 1 said:

ha

haha

hahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah