• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Combat Course

tegtag

I have a question regarding those TBS pictures.

Can you just snap away while you are at TBS and/or on FEX's?

Do the SPC's get mad?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
tegtag said:

Do the SPC's get mad?

Not unless it gets in the way of training...ie snapping a flash during a night attack...TBS is not like OCS in that regard...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
jamnww said:
TBS is not like OCS in that regard...

Hell, we got away with taking pictures at OCS way more than I thought we would. OCS is not like Bootcamp in that regard.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
DocT said:
Hell, we got away with taking pictures at OCS way more than I thought we would. OCS is not like Bootcamp in that regard.

They must be going soft on Candidates, they never let us do that... :D

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
jamnww said:
They must be going soft on Candidates, they never let us do that... :D

Yeah, we didn't exactly ask the staff to pose with us and say "cheese". I doubt they knew about it.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
E5B said:
Back in "the old Corps"...right?

I was just giving him a hard time...before we get into a measuring contest about who has been in longer and who has what experience...

usmcecho4

pilot
tegtag said:

Do the SPC's get mad?

Yeah it is actually someone's job to take pictures for the cruise book (think year book). As long as you're not going crazy with it you shouldn't have a problem. Of course it all depends on your SPC but I would assume it's ok unless told otherwise.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Malice 1

pilot
Zero week down.

Training day two down. No problems yet. I fell asleep in homosexual conduct class. D'oh. I sat next to the heater during the SPC's discussion today, but the heater wasn't turned on. Again; D'oh.

I got kinda chilly walking to my car this evening, but the cold hasn't demolished my spirits yet. (I know, I haven't seen ANYTHING yet)

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
usmcecho4 said:
Yeah it is actually someone's job to take pictures for the cruise book (think year book). As long as you're not going crazy with it you shouldn't have a problem. Of course it all depends on your SPC but I would assume it's ok unless told otherwise.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

so did someone actually bring their own camera or was it one from there?

(that sounds much stupider than it's supposed to be)

airwinger

pilot
Ahh the combat course. Only a one time thing but good memories. I went through in Jan of '02 and we watched amazed as the demo Marines broke ice in the quigley before crawling under then stoically assume prone positions rifles ready. We were even more awed when we did it and froze our nuts off. The awe was slightly tempered when we found out that 1)the demo Marines had worn wetsuits 2) one of them had to go to BMC with hypothermia.

Halfway through, while crawling under some barbed wire one of the guys in my fireteam felt his hand snag on something, so he just yanked it away. When we finished and he noticed his hand was a bloody mess he realized it had been barbed wire but he was too numb to notice.

Personally I was happy I did a winter OCS and summer TBS with Charlie company. They don't call Fox Frozen Fox for nothing.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
airwinger said:
Personally I was happy I did a winter OCS and summer TBS with Charlie company. They don't call Fox Frozen Fox for nothing.

That's why lining up to do PLC and a summer start TBS class makes sense. No ice, just heat and ticks to deal with*. Also watch when you go to SERE because heat is much more manageable than cold.

*Still, you might have to do the spoon thing...I was in F Co. with a May start but by Sept, it was getting cool and rainy so variation is back-to-back in a poncho in the rain while sitting up while on OP/LP. When you're wet, cold and miserable, your perspective changes on a lot of things.

Deke999999

Oh ****, we're on fire. What now Geese??
pilot
I was at TBS with Airwinger. We got the cold, the killer Quantico heat in the summer. BTW I still think they airlift a full C-5 full of ticks over the training areas at the beginning of summer, but I digress. SERE was also a kick in the nuts, it was cold as hell this past February. All are great places to be from but shvtty places to be. I also didn't know they had wetsuits on, not cool. Charlie OCS, Charlie TBS. The healing begins the first time you chill out in the Pcola pool realizing you are on a govmt vacation for three months until you start API.