• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Combat Course

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Deke999999 said:
BTW I still think they airlift a full C-5 full of ticks over the training areas at the beginning of summer, but I digress.

I never saw so many ticks before in my life nor since and I spent a lot of time outdoors in nearby Maryland and in Virginia in scouting. My TBS roomie and I always joked about how the ticks seemed to be working their way up through unit tactics just like us...fire team rushes up the pants leg, etc. Started out as bothersome, then just a nuisance for all the time it took to check each other out after being in the field. Best reason to have short haircut!...chiggers were something else...avoid any leftover fighting holes or anything that might have been used before!

Autorotate

FAC, former Phrog pilot
I never had to be given the Silver Bullet, but I do remember that it snowed 42" between 19 Jan 03 and 28 Mar 03 in Quantico. The water in the IMC was a nice 36 deg F. Fun times.