• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS, chances and decisions

exNavyOffRec

Good to know. I'm just gonna try. It doesn't kill. Thanks.

I don't think you understand what Pro X means, that means when it arrives at NRC it is rejected, or technically now "archived", it is never reviewed for consideration, the NRD's have been told not to submit for closed designators, so if the NRD is actually listening to what they have been told it should not even be submitted.

Of course many NRD's don't listen which is why the guys at NRC spend hours archiving records when they could be working on select letters for those designators actually open with people selected.

This is how lack of communication makes guys selected wait for weeks on end.

Danin

I don't think you understand what Pro X means, that means when it arrives at NRC it is rejected, or technically now "archived", it is never reviewed for consideration, the NRD's have been told not to submit for closed designators, so if the NRD is actually listening to what they have been told it should not even be submitted.

Of course many NRD's don't listen which is why the guys at NRC spend hours archiving records when they could be working on select letters for those designators actually open with people selected.

Okay. Thanks.

IWO_Jim

NavyOffRec,

The last time I called the fleet OCS processor the word was IW & IP were holding board in October. Now I am reading you say that they are "archiving". The disadvantage for fleet applicants is, as a command, we are not in any way tied with a NRD, thus we do not always have the truest truths. The challenge is living only on RUMINT and forum gouge.

So please, set the record straight for me. Should I or should I not send any fleet OCS (IDC/Supply/URL) applications up for Sept/Oct/Nov timeframe, or will this be a disservice to my Sailors?

Edit: Found on another thread - "Supply, goal of 30 for FY13, have 65 waiting, they are archiving applications submitted for supply right now."

STG1-ENS

I have a feeling this is why I am still waiting on a final select letter.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

The last time I called the fleet OCS processor the word was IW & IP were holding board in October. Now I am reading you say that they are "archiving". The disadvantage for fleet applicants is, as a command, we are not in any way tied with a NRD, thus we do not always have the truest truths. The challenge is living only on RUMINT and forum gouge.

So please, set the record straight for me. Should I or should I not send any fleet OCS (IDC/Supply/URL) applications up for Sept/Oct/Nov timeframe, or will this be a disservice to my Sailors?

Edit: Found on another thread - "Supply, goal of 30 for FY13, have 65 waiting, they are archiving applications submitted for supply right now."

URL such as SWO/Pilot/NFO I would send up, but looking up people in CIRIMS they are getting rejecting applications for Supply and IDC.

The fleet processors are the lowest guys at NRC, they just review for QA, then on to the next person, there may have been thoughts of an October board on the rough draft, but they make those things out as a best case guide for getting applications in, should something change they just send an email or status report out.

IP for FY13 goal of 0 and 1 waiting
IW for FY13 goal of 0 and 13 waiting
Intel for FY13 goal of 7 and 25 waiting

the numbers of those waiting has dropped, probably has people are found medically NPQ.

Z-Man

full deflection
Good advice here.

In the near future, or so they say, they are going to limit who goes to board, if the competitive profile was 3.5 at the last board they will limit the new application to that GPA or a certain number of application.

I'm sorry, but I think that is moving in the wrong direction, please tell me that is just the rumor mill churning. I've been lurking on these forums since 2007 (2009 after I created a new profile) chasing the dream, but I see it slipping away before me. Every month or so I check this forum and each time the outlook is worse and worse. I've done everything I can to stand out in college and my time to apply is approaching within the next year +/- a couple months. Even with a dual major technical engineering degree and almost 8 months of professional engineering work outside of college, R&D work at school for 2+ years, and leadership activities...I might be limited by a 3.2-3.4 GPA when I graduate? I understand that NRD's might not make the decisions regarding these types of things, but you guys have to have some kind of pull right?

Whatever, I'm not going to give up. Sorry if I sound frustrated and brash.

edit: I forgot to add, is that requirement just for Intel or all designators?

exNavyOffRec

I'm sorry, but I think that is moving in the wrong direction, please tell me that is just the rumor mill churning. I've been lurking on these forums since 2007 (2009 after I created a new profile) chasing the dream, but I see it slipping away before me. Every month or so I check this forum and each time the outlook is worse and worse. I've done everything I can to stand out in college and my time to apply is approaching within the next year +/- a couple months. Even with a dual major technical engineering degree and almost 8 months of professional engineering work outside of college, R&D work at school for 2+ years, and leadership activities...I might be limited by a 3.2-3.4 GPA when I graduate? I understand that NRD's might not make the decisions regarding these types of things, but you guys have to have some kind of pull right?

Whatever, I'm not going to give up. Sorry if I sound frustrated and brash.

edit: I forgot to add, is that requirement just for Intel or all designators?

I believe what they had talked about is dead.

However things are tight but your GPA looks good, it really depends on what you want to do, if you were looking at something in IDC then you probably are a long shot given the lack of billets and the numbers applying that have near perfect GPA's, but if you are looking at other designators you might be ok.

Z-Man

full deflection
I believe what they had talked about is dead.

However things are tight but your GPA looks good, it really depends on what you want to do, if you were looking at something in IDC then you probably are a long shot given the lack of billets and the numbers applying that have near perfect GPA's, but if you are looking at other designators you might be ok.

That's good to hear. I'm going for pilot or NFO by the way (#1 and #2 respectively). I'll continue to bust my ass.

exNavyOffRec

That's good to hear. I'm going for pilot or NFO by the way (#1 and #2 respectively). I'll continue to bust my ass.

A good ASTB with that GPA and you should have a good shot, if you graduate next year you should have an application at the Jan board.