• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS and Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by Dubbs42
Someone said they do spinal taps for all pilot applicants, OUCH!...there any truth to that? thanks

They do it simultaneaously with the colonoscopy, so you won't hardly notice it.

LUCK = THE INTERSECTION OF PREPARATION AND OPPORTUNITY

marcurb

Could someone tell me what the heck is a colonoscopy and a spinal tap and how much will it hurt? that does not sound like much fun.

"Be careful out there..." "If I was careful I would have joined the Coast Guard."

Meridiani

That's a joke, son.
icon_smile_wink.gif

jwilliamsee

ha...got me worried for a split second. I know a guy who is partially paralized from a botched spinal tap. he got to learn to walk again and medically retired from the AF at 23. on a lighter note no one ever gets hurt from a colonoscopy they just walk a little funny for a few days.

Ski3

Anyone see "The Right Stuff"? ...probably a stupid question considering most of this forum is geared towards aviation OCS applicants, and that movie is like the bible!

Well, reading these posts I had a picture of Allan Sheppard and Scott Carpenter (I think) being led through the hallway with a tube sticking out their six.

jet_ifr

no spinal taps but you do have to bring a feces sample into the physical. Ask your recruiter for the collection kit...

I fly. Me pilot?

ghost_ttu

Dubbs if you are this gullable, they are going to enjoy you throughout your career.....

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.