• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS and Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet driver

Hello All,

I will be reporting to OCS on Oct 12. I went through the AFROTC version of Officer Training 3yrs ago in Panama City, FL, but because they wanted me to be and Aerospace Engineer and not a pilot I got out. My question is for those who have been through OCS or those who have any reliable second hand info. Are there any tips or advice you can give me? Are there any surprises that I should be ready for? All in all I am not to worried about making it through OCS as much as I as I am dreading the Flight Physical. I passed the MEPS physical with no problem, but I hear the Flight Physical is really tough and they look for any reason to kick people out. My second set of questions is what are they looking for in the flight physical, and honestly how difficult is it? Your imput would be greatly appreciated.

Moses Smith

Hudson

I took the Flight Physical last month in Washington for the Marines. My advice to you is to be honest when they ask questions but you don't want to give information that has not been documented i.e. hay fever. They get kind of uppity about that. I would say to tell them what and only what a doctor has written down and told you. There was a string a week ago or two and that seemed to be the general idea.
Good luck. It isn't so bad. They screw with your eyes thats the only bad part. Oh ya, I hope you like to give blood. They seemed to need a lot of mine.

kenjamin17

reminds me of another question i was think of.. when we report to OCS do we need to get a copy of our medical and dental records and that kind of stuff?

hornet driver

Originally posted by kenjamin17
reminds me of another question i was think of.. when we report to OCS do we need to get a copy of our medical and dental records and that kind of stuff?

To my knowledge, All we have to do is show up with: Birth Cert, Marriage/Divorce Cert, Diploma or Transcripts, and the personal items that are listed in the OCS guide. They should have all of your medical info from the initial MEPS physical and from what I understand they will be giving us a thorough dental exam.

Moses Smith

marti

any of the prior enlisted guys know if they dig up your medical record from your days on active duty??

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Another quick question about the same type stuff, Is the flight physical at OCS the exact same as at API?

jwilliamsee

I have already been accepted and passed my meps physical but I am worried about my flight physical. Is Hay fever disqualifying or will they just waver it? what do you reccomend if you do have it or what did other guys do that got in? Would it keep you out of any airframes?

SkyHigh

Am I reading the qualifications for a pilot's eyesight correctly? 20/100 http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm#sg_1

does anyone else know about this..

Ski3

Skyhigh, depth perception is one of the biggest problems at MEPS, or I should say *THE* biggest problem. I failed it at MEPS, as did 2 other people I know. They made me go to a civilian and take a different depth perception test - which I passed with no problems. In fact, the people at NRD Phoenix had forms ready for applicants who failed the circles at MEPS - this tells me that people fail that damned test all the time.

Pap, who is out of OCS and is a SNA now, said that if you fail the "circle" depth perception test at OCS, they give you a bunch of different tests - so no worries. ...I heard the same information from other people as well.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.