• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS and Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

SkyHigh-
on that same page, go to the very top and click where it says STUDENT naval aviator, that will give you the correct answer (20/40)

Jim

i know i couldn't tell which one of those damn circles was sticking out at MEPS. then i remembered reading on here that if one wore corrective lenses they were supposed to be on. so i asked the nurse and she was like "oh yeah i forgot". i put them on and got all of the circles correct on the first try. my vision is only 20/30 uncorrected but my glasses still made a hell of a difference on that test. moral of the story don't let MEPS screw you. explain to them you're applying for SNA and most of the time they will work with you.

-jim

ghost_ttu

A buddy of mine said he bought a book about military pilots and it said somewhere in that book that on depth perception test that it is never one of the outside two circles. So you can eliminate them from your "guessing" if you have to guess.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ChipK96

I just failed the MEPS depth perception today and went to a civilian doctor where I passed no problem, after that my recruiter said he might just start sending people straight to an eye doctor instead of even bothering with MEPS when they forget the test liek they did the first time I went through

Schwabenprinz

Those circles were hard to see when I took the depth perception test but I have perfect vision. When I took the test at MEPS I got the entire first column right and the second column wrong. The examiner told me "don't worry this is just for pilots", I told him "thats what I'm applying for", he said "ohhh, try again then".

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
This might sound retarded, but if you fellas feel like you have to get ready for the depth perception test (you probably don't need to though), then you can get one of those "Magic Eye" books with the 3D images you have to stare at and focus your eyes a certain way to see the image. Looking at those 3D images will train your eyes for the same skill required for the DP test... Plus it's a good general ocular exercise to keep your million-dollar peepers in good shape until you get your wings! My recruiter recommended it to me way back, and it seemed like a good idea... Whatever.

Grandmaster 235

tali264

Grandmaster-
When it comes to pilots' eyes, I don't think people consider ANY idea retarded!!! I think they/we would stand on our head and chant if there was a rumor that would help us pass the exam [:D] LOL, whatever it takes [^]

Meridiani

Originally posted by tali264
Grandmaster-
When it comes to pilots' eyes, I don't think people consider ANY idea retarded!!! I think they/we would stand on our head and chant if there was a rumor that would help us pass the exam [:D] LOL, whatever it takes [^]

What, are you saying that standing on my head and chanting isn't helping? [:D]

Meridiani

A book? Oh no, the standing-on-your-head method predates written language. It's been passed on in the oral tradition from one BSer to the next throughout history.
icon_smile_wink.gif

squidly

Hey Marti and all other priors- Unless you are on active duty going straight into OCS then LEAVE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS AT HOME!!!!!!!!!! I can not stress this enough. I was told to take any medical records I had if I happened to find them. Well guess what, your prior service medical record was retired at your EAOS. So leave it at home.

hawkdocfmf

While it is true that your health record is retired, it is not that hard to get it back. They are all sent to an archive in St Louis and all it takes is a request to get it back. Who knows how often this occurs at OCS.....

squidly

I'll tell you how often it occurs. It doesn't. It's illegal for the Navy or anyone else to get it unless you give them written permission to get it. And that is not something that they ask for and if they did you would be well within your legal rights to say no to it.

hawkdocfmf

I do understand the legal issue behind it, I deal with it all the time. While I agree as a general rule to leave your prior service health record at home care must be taken in this decision making. If you conceal something and it comes up later, there could be issues. You could actually be charged under the UCMJ. While this does not happen for minor crap like asthma when as a child. I have seen people prosecuted for fradulent enlistment/appointment, have even testified at one. For example, say that you go to medical with shin pain or ankle pain (stress fracture, shin splints, or sprained ankle) and x-rays are taken and there is an old fracture visible....that can lead to problems. The other issue is at the time of retirement, all injuries or illnesses are taken into consideration at the end of your active service and go toward extra money at retirement. So basically be careful.

Dubbs42

Someone said they do spinal taps for all pilot applicants, OUCH!...there any truth to that? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.