• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 10APR2023 SWO BOARD

Did you submit a SWO package for 10APR2023 Board?

• Total voters

Rover123

My Status for the board says DNR- Do not return. Found out they have to verify my medical information. All my stuff is good so hoping to get good news also. And congratulations everyone who got picked up.

exNavyOffRec

My Status for the board says DNR- Do not return. Found out they have to verify my medical information. All my stuff is good so hoping to get good news also. And congratulations everyone who got picked up.
The board does not see medical info and therefore cannot consider it. What probably happened is it was NRC who based on the medical tagged you with DNR. In that case you could get that cleared up, but then you would need to wait for the next board as if you weren't cleared medically you can't go to board.

Rover123

The board does not see medical info and therefore cannot consider it. What probably happened is it was NRC who based on the medical tagged you with DNR. In that case you could get that cleared up, but then you would need to wait for the next board as if you weren't cleared medically you can't go to board.
Thank you for the Reply. Attached is the message that I received this morning. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230425_074712.jpg
    20230425_074712.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 90

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the Reply. Attached is the message that I received this morning. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
This makes things much more clear, that message has not been updated in about 20 years? They used to do the board and then worry about medical, well this flipped many years ago and as such anything from "There are two......" is no longer relevant.

The message is unfortunately just telling you that you were a non-select and also a DNR, the DNR is probably due to being outside of the waiverable limits for age that are listed in the PA.

Rover123

This makes things much more clear, that message has not been updated in about 20 years? They used to do the board and then worry about medical, well this flipped many years ago and as such anything from "There are two......" is no longer relevant.

The message is unfortunately just telling you that you were a non-select and also a DNR, the DNR is probably due to being outside of the waiverable limits for age that are listed in the PA.
Appreciate the reply. Just wondering why they just didn't say N for NO. I'm active duty and 34 years old and my age waiver was approved. Thank you.

Whiskeyrice

Appreciate the reply. Just wondering why they just didn't say N for NO. I'm active duty and 34 years old and my age waiver was approved. Thank you.
Something he might mention is that waivers tend to be rubber stamped approved even if not within the PA guidelines and passed to the board to reject then.

exNavyOffRec

While most commonly we use "N" or "Y" the official phrasing is "not professional recommended" or "professionally recommended".

While in the past NRC would be the "bad guy" on non-medical waivers, they now will approve almost everything and then let the board be the one to make the decision. In the past they would put a phrase on the results to the effect of "all waivers that were associated with candidates who are professionally recommended are approved".