• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS $100 to $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisouss69

Sneakers? What are the kind they make you wear/buy? I know in bootcamp they made people buy the cheap kind that were issue becasue they were dumb and didnt bring any. Are the people who are sucking on their runs wearing tennis sneakers?

Are the runs in formation? Whats the pt conditions like?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The shoes that they issue are great. They will have a couple of HM's there to help fit you and check out your feet. The runs are formation except for the PRT days they are individual. There are also a couple of individual 3 mile runs. Pt is pt. Not fun but not bad. Youll PT every where at ocs. Inside, outside, in the halls, sand, grass, dirt etc.... You never get used to it, you just learn to live with it.

Dave

sassen

i haven't been to ocs yet but i want to pass on a few things my recruiter mentioned when i was asking similar questions, maybe some of you can validate these points

1) money - he said you get a 'uniform allowance' while at ocs, and you pretty much are issued a bunch of stuff up to a certain amount of money (2 thousand maybe) and you have to pay for anything you want after that, plus other people have mentioned having a random need for stuff sometime so its good to have cash around

2) running - believe it or not, some people aren't prepared when they go to ocs, in some cases its that their recruiter simply didnt explain to them how much running they would be doing or in other cases ive heard where the oc took the attitude of 'oh they will just get me in shape when im down there', so in those cases i can see how people can get shin splints from running, otherwise i dunno, my recruiter told me i should be able to run 3 or 4 miles at an 8 minute/mile pace, expect to run 4 times a week (i think its mon, wed, fri, sat) and your runs will be anywhere from 1.5 to 5 miles, maybe people get shin splints because in addition to running they are drilling and running obstacle course (uneven ground) or just generally on their feet a lot, or some combination of all, anyways, if anyone can confirm or deny any of what i said that would be cool :)

"Peace over anger, honor over hate, strength over fear."

turboweeny

I'll tell you anyway. They make you paint the windows black and yell at you all day long far doing it. One DI will ask you the general orders while two others are yelling at you. You will be mashed for the wrong response, you will be mashed for the right response. It will take all day to clean the windows. It sucks!!! I never want to do that again!

Status
Not open for further replies.