• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS $100 to $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

solenita72

SWO Wife
williamw.....I am going down to see my husband in a few weeks (granted his class gets liberty). It will be limited though. I am also going down int he end of November for Ball, 48 hours liberty then.

solenita72

SWO Wife
Pay is E-5 pay, unless you were a higher pay grade before going. So far my husband has spent about 800 of his 1157 uniform allowance.

grouch

Now here is a question I haven't gotten a good ansere too...What do you do will you bills? I can set up an automatic payment but I'm worried about not getting paid on time. Or is it better to get the bills mailed to me and just write checks? Any suggestions? Or should I just get a sugar momma to pay them outright? What did you guys do?

Valion310

Hey grouch, I'm not OCS yet, but I think I can lend some thoughts on this one, OCS, boot camp, deployments it’s all stuck in a bubble.

I would recommend getting rid of all the bills you can so you don't have to worry about it. I've found through deployments (before the ex-wife was paying them while I was gone.) auto payments or else allowing someone you trust to sign your name (can't remember the legal document name).

I know if you get set up into Navy Federal (I didn't care for Navy Fed.) you can do a full load of automatic payments, USAA Federal Bank is AWESOME, and they are structured purely for military personnel, families and they know how to deal with the military and you can access them world wide, plus good insurance I've ever seen.

Anyway, that would be cool if you could send out bills just like regular mail, but I wouldn't trust your mail getting to you in a timely manner or getting out in a timely manner. I'm convinced they hold it and send out mass mailings two or three times a week off base.

Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck down there everyone!

"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room" - Iceman

Valion310 is going to have his name on the plaque -

grouch

Thanks Valion. The only bills I have are student loans and credit cards, niether of which I can get rid of. Too much freaking debt! I'll check into Navy Fed and USAA. How is your packet going? What are you shooting for? Later man.

FlyGirl

Well, afterall, debt is a four letter word! haha. :)

I'm in that situation too...I think it's pretty common among today's college grads. (student loans and credit cards you got your first year -- charging food, etc while in dorms.) I'm lucky though because I'm learning to better manage mine and slowly get rid of it!!

ghost_ttu

well I have my credit cards paid off, but now I have a truck payment, boat payment and student loans.....you know the necessities!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

FlyGirl

Know what you mean Ghost...my chevy trailblazer w/Onstar is quite a payment, but I LOVE it. It will be hard to let it sit those first couple of weeks at OCS...I will have to visit it frequently so it doesn't get lonely!! LOL. ;)

solenita72

SWO Wife
My husband said that some guys have been able to log on to do online banking only for thier bills. That might be an option!

Valion310

Ahhh ... student loans, don't know those. With Uncle Sam and my present job, I don't need loans .... (Begins laughing like Dr Evil and gang with the pinky to the lip) ...

My packet just needs updating and I'm running my PRT in early Dec. I want it sent out before X-mas and before my recruiter rotates. I'm going for the full on SNA and BDCP, but I would give up BDCP for the SNA slot.

www.usaa.com <-- there ya go

Valion310 loves pie -
Originally posted by grouch
Thanks Valion. The only bills I have are student loans and credit cards, niether of which I can get rid of. Too much freaking debt! I'll check into Navy Fed and USAA. How is your packet going? What are you shooting for? Later man.

solenita72

SWO Wife
jaz...I talk to him weekly. There were mail restrictions at first but he started getting my mail in the second week. Although, I have yet to get any of his that he has mailed out. Sundays everyone gets a little bit of free time to call home, wash clothes, ect.

ghost_ttu

What he said.....

Originally posted by Patmack18
Originally posted by Valion310
Ahhh ... student loans, don't know those. With Uncle Sam and my present job, I don't need loans .... (Begins laughing like Dr Evil and gang with the pinky to the lip) ...

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

"It's a great day to be alive" ~Travis Tritt

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

jaznups

solenita....
thanx! I have seen the past posts about the mystery of black saturday so need to answer..plus I have a long while b4 I need to worry :-P

Jaz

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.