• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

Trev82

pilot
doc and lonestar are you guys on the facebook group OCC196? If not think about joining that way can match the screen names to some faces..

Ground&Pound

This happened to me almost exactly one year ago. I was pre-selected in April 2006 for OCC 193. The flight physical that August found my left eye barely out o range of 20/40. That means NPQ SNA. News to me as Meps, cyclopegic, and two other tests that year showed me at 20/20. I had PRK done and in June of this year, before submitting for the 195 board, I sat in that same damn chair with the same flight surgeon that NPQ'ed me before and read 20/20 each eye. I'm now headed to 196. It's been a long year.
Where did you get your PRK done and how much was it? I'd like to get that done after OCS!

OCSCAND

Got word yesterday morning that I am in for 196 SNA. Can't wait to get down there and get this done. See everybody there.

docholiday

Does anyone know a good place to start looking for immunization records? I thought maybe my old high school because I really don't have a family doctor and the last time I remember ever getting any shots was in school.

Renegade347

Try your primary care physician, they should have a complete copy of your records and be included in them. Ask them for a copy. You will most likely have to fax them a release form. I'd do it soon, you don't know how long it will take them. It's always good to follow up with a phone call too. Hope this helps.

docholiday

Try your primary care physician, they should have a complete copy of your records and be included in them. Ask them for a copy. You will most likely have to fax them a release form. I'd do it soon, you don't know how long it will take them. It's always good to follow up with a phone call too. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'm trying to get on this asap.

Conaway

Has anyone heard anything new about OCC 196? It seems like every week we get a little surprise!

Report is still 22 Sept, 1300. I was told they've cut down some of the running to stop losing good candidates to leg injuries. I know we'll be doing a fair amount of functional fitness in comparison to the other classes because they "got some good feedback" from it. As far as new stuff, that's all I've heard.

Ground&Pound

Report is still 22 Sept, 1300. I was told they've cut down some of the running to stop losing good candidates to leg injuries. I know we'll be doing a fair amount of functional fitness in comparison to the other classes because they "got some good feedback" from it. As far as new stuff, that's all I've heard.
What does "functional fitness" mean exactly?