• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

Lawman

None
Just found out that I was selected SNA to OCC-196 and I am curious, what happens next? I know that I need to head down to p-cola for a flight physical, but do I have to formally accept the selection? And is there anything else that has to happen before September?

A Sh!t load of PT..... Thats about it other then the 30 day pre-ship PFT and signing your orders after filling out that little questionare they make you do.

docholiday

Just found out that I was selected SNA to OCC-196 and I am curious, what happens next? I know that I need to head down to p-cola for a flight physical, but do I have to formally accept the selection? And is there anything else that has to happen before September?

Congrats Thunder, I am hoping to find out by the end of the week or maybe the begining of next week if I am selected. Good luck hope everything works out.

Trev82

pilot
I thought in order to be selected the flight physical came prior to your package being submitted...Wouldn't the flight physical be a huge factor prior to selection? Either way if your in congrats!

THUNDERBEAST

I was told from the beginning that the flight physical came after selection. I was told that it was changed to post selection to save money, no point in sending a person down for the physical if they didn’t get selected. I just went to meps prior to submitting and got the basic medical ok for military service, now I need to head to p-cola. If for some reason I fail the flight physical then I guess I will lose my air slot and it will go to someone else. I had PRK about 7 months ago and got the waiver after meps so I’m really not too worried about anything.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

bradler

Yup flight physical for me is 4 days before I ship. I am not too worried about it but do wonder if some unforseen thing pops up what will happen. Anyone going to be in Pensacola Sept. 16-19 for a flight physical? I will see you there and it would be great to put some faces with some names before actually heading off to OCS.

docholiday

What consists of the flight physical? I thought it was basically what we did at MEPS, the eye exam and measurements.

OCSCAND

Radler,

I'll be in P-Cola for my flight physical the 16-19 as well. I think SSgt. Compondu just set it up last week. Of course I am still waiting on final word for 196, so we'll see. See you there bro.

Conaway

What consists of the flight physical? I thought it was basically what we did at MEPS, the eye exam and measurements.

No, they do ALOT more. Eye exam (which sucks because you can't see for 4 hours afterwards), chest xrays, hearing test, physical exam (turn and cough), anthropetrics (the measurements you're talking about), and I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else. It took about 8 hours to do the whole thing.

docholiday

No, they do ALOT more. Eye exam (which sucks because you can't see for 4 hours afterwards), chest xrays, hearing test, physical exam (turn and cough), anthropetrics (the measurements you're talking about), and I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else. It took about 8 hours to do the whole thing.

Well I hadn't done the X-rays, but this is the first I hear of it.:confused:

Trev82

pilot
Hmmm, thats definitely news to me. I can understand the flight physical being pretty pricey, but why have a candidate do alllll the other components of the application, get selected, then several days prior to OCS find out that they aren't qual'd medically!? I would be pissed! Rather, take the flight phys while your completing your app and if they find something, you have time to get waivers submitted, or get lasik, or worst case you find out you can't even get an SNA or SNFO slot and you make decisions accordingly...seems less efficient to me..

Just my .02

Trev82

pilot
The first time i applied i was still in college and i was out of Sacramento, they had me do my flight physical at Lemoore NAB. I wasn't selected for pilot, the second time i applied was after i had moved back to San Diego some two years later this febuary and i did the flight physical at Miramar, the flight physical was included with my overall packet that was submitted to the board, i was selected for 196.

docholiday

ya i did mine twice, for the first time i applied back in 05 at lemoore in fresno which is the big navy base in central cali then i did mine in febuary for my 2nd go around, and that was done at miramar, and i was selected this go around for 196...

Well I hope to find out something soon cause 196 is just around the corner and I guess I still haven't done my flight physical. :eek:

Trev82

pilot
see thats what i don't like, you get selected your all joy, you make arrangements with your job, you inform your family of the fantastic life changing news, then you take the flight physical and boom you find out your not going. Keep in mind that is worst case scenario, you just tell your self that your in tip top shape your eyes are good to go and you'll have nothing but smooth sailing...