• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Obese have right to 2 seats for the price of one

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You probably have to call ahead and request it in advance. I hope that is how it's done. I'd be pissed as hell if I got bumped from a flight because Moby Dick decided to spill over into my seat.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
FAT STATS

Sedentary - "A term applied to human groups leading a settled, non-migratory lifestyle." (actual definition)

25% Completely Sedentary... so they mean like this guy right?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
New time I fly commercial, I'm demanding two seats in the front to back configuration: my 36" inseam ought to guarantee me some more leg room, damnit. :D

The USA really is the delicious cream between the two crummy cookies in our little North American Oreo. Mmmm. . .oreos. . .

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Thing is, I've seen millions of fatty americans. On my trips to canadialand, I can count the number of fatties on one hand. Plus their bartenders are very nice, I like. I think it's the cold. it makes them skinny and good looking.

My she devil is one generation removed french canadienne (I think thats what a female quebe is called)...what can I say, I bought into their system.

incubus852

pilot
I think the fact that there is such a large obesity problem in this country is indicative of the general persona that people from other countries have always spouted when they think of americans... overweight, lazy and stupid.

We have people who are TOO big to fit into one seat, TOO stupid to figure out they can't afford a $800,000 house on a $45k income and TOO lazy to admit that they're the problem in the auto industry.

Welcome to the downfall. At least I've got a paycheck twice a month for the next ten years... and I fit in the seat.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
So when i buy a plane ticket how do they know if im fat or not. Check this box if you are fat and will be requiring two seats. Hell yeah man im going to check that box every time. Now i have an extra seat to stretch out in and i wont have to sit next to a fat person. Better sign me up for one of those super awesome seat belt extenders too.

We were discussing this at work(I work for American) the other day and were thinking we'd have people stand on scales and get measured before boarding the aircraft and then charge them if they didn't meet the requirements.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think the fact that there is such a large obesity problem in this country is indicative of the general persona that people from other countries have always spouted when they think of americans... overweight, lazy and stupid.

We have people who are two big to fit into one seat, too stupid to figure out they can't afford a $800,000 house on a $45k income and to lazy to admit that they're the problem in the auto industry.

Welcome to the downfall. At least I've got a paycheck twice a month for the next ten years... and I fit in the seat.

This has nothing to do with this thread, but....

Did you seriously just use "too" in 3 different places and spell it three different ways? I think it almost would have been better if you used the improper "too" spelling, and used it all three times... ;)

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Thing is, I've seen millions of fatty americans. On my trips to canadialand, I can count the number of fatties on one hand. Plus their bartenders are very nice, I like. I think it's the cold. it makes them skinny and good looking.

Have you ever been to Wisconsin?

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Well I can't think of anything else to say about fatties that hasn't already been covered.

What I will say is that it rained here today, then snowed, and then that all froze.

Subsequently, on the way home from class I saw a fat chick bite it on some ice and laughed my ass off (quietly) because she *LITERALLY* had to roll from one side to the other to throw herself over and then get up.

That is all.

Rubiks06

pilot
We were discussing this at work(I work for American) the other day and were thinking we'd have people stand on scales and get measured before boarding the aircraft and then charge them if they didn't meet the requirements.

Yeah you guys at American are all about charging for everything. If you dont fit in a 3"x3"x9" tissue box.....thatll be 760 dollars. Not a stab at you....just saying is all.....

VIZKRIEG

KILL
Why don't the Airline companies just word it differently? All they have to do is change it to a space rental. Your X number of $ gets you this much space, for this amount of time. That way, if your fat ass doesn't fit, you need to rent more space.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Fat is fat, and that is THAT.

I enjoy watching fatties get into their car and watching how much it sinks down.