• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Obese have right to 2 seats for the price of one

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I enjoy watching fatties get into their car and watching how much it sinks down.
Especially since this happens with at least 50% of the cars I see with bumper/window stickers or license plate frames declaring they are retired/former Marines. The high and mighty always take the longest/hardest fall.

I've also always wondered why a higher proportion of Marines have fat wives/girlfriends than the rest of the populatiion in general. Look around at any Marine base or in a Marine town if you don't believe me.

(And yes, those that have met me know I'm now fat in my retirement. But I do fit easily in one airline seat...)

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Maybe A4's could help me out here, but does anybody know what size the airlines declare a "normal" person to be? What are the dimensional specifications of a "seat"? For years airlines have been selling seat spacing as a luxury in First and Buisness Class, while putting more and more seats in the other areas of the plane. While people have been getting bigger, the amount of space they are allocated on a plane has been shrinking.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
does anybody know what size the airlines declare a "normal" person to be? .
If the plane is full, Southwest has made the large pax buy a second seat for quite a few years now. Their standard has been a "fit" test. Does the pax fit in the seat without having to force the arm rest between the seats into the down position. If it won't stay completely down or has to have parts of the pax's fat rolls holding it down...buy a second ticket if the plane is full.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I cannot stand it when people are so lazy that they have to ride those scooters around Walmart. And the fat people who drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes to say 20 feet of walking. On a lighter note, when we took my nephew to Disney on Ice this past weekend, I ate a hotdog, pretzel, popcorn, some cotton candy, and funnel cake.....gaining get this, no weight! EXCERCISE FATASSES!

Stick

pilot
<-------The name says it all. The diet that works for me is: eat all you want, as much as you want, and whenever you want. Gotta love high metabolism!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I cannot stand it when people are so lazy that they have to ride those scooters around Walmart. And the fat people who drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes to say 20 feet of walking. On a lighter note, when we took my nephew to Disney on Ice this past weekend, I ate a hotdog, pretzel, popcorn, some cotton candy, and funnel cake.....gaining get this, no weight! EXCERCISE FATASSES!

Not to mention that fat people can't steer their cars when driving around said parking lot

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
This is my bib...
111661558v5_240x240_Front.jpg

and my ride...

scooter.jpg

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Say what you want about those Walmart scooters, but they are fun. I used one when I had knee surgery. There was a nice old woman who was on oxygen who got up to give me the scooter. It seems that there is a scooter subculture for those who need it. Of course, I got loads of nasty looks (especially from fat people who wanted the scooter) until I made a turn and they saw that my whole left leg was in an immobilizer.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

I view Wal*Mart as free therapy: I look around and feel great about myself: I'm pretty in shape, I can afford most of the stuff there, speak English properly, have a full set of teeth, can count money properly, and so on and so forth. The list goes on. You leave thinking "wow, I'm great!"

:):)

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I view Wal*Mart as free therapy: I look around and feel great about myself: I'm pretty in shape, I can afford most of the stuff there, speak English properly, have a full set of teeth, can count money properly, and so on and so forth. The list goes on. You leave thinking "wow, I'm great!"

:):)

If you get the chance, go to the Virginia state fair in Richmond. Same feeling, only amplified.

And they might still have pig races.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Fat is fat, and that is THAT.

I enjoy watching fatties get into their car and watching how much it sinks down.
lmao...reminds me of my neighbor when I was in HS. Owned an early 90s Buick Electra. He was so fat that he had to reinforce the driver's seat in order to avoid collapsing it...and did so by wedging a trashcan between the back of the driver's seat and the back of the rear seats.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It makes perfect sense when you see the scooter-crowd too. In their scooter basket they have 5 loaves of bread, italian sausage/brats, 4 quarts of ice cream, candy and frozen bags of fries.

I don't think they know what vegetables or lean protein are...