• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O1-E Prior Enlisted Pay

android1010

I need to get the opinion of the forum on my eligibility for the E designation on my pay grade. I joined the US Air Force in 1996 and completed my term in 2000.

Actual dates: 11 Sep 1996-10 Sep 2000

My DD214 says 4 years and 0 days (1460 points based on their 4 years times 365 days equation), but if you add up the days it comes to 1461 due to the leap year in 2000.

112 days in 1996
365 days in 1997
365 days in 1998
365 days in 1999
254 days in 2000
That equals 1461

Has anyone fought this and won? Particularly, since my DD214 says 4 years and 0 days I'm wondering if there's still a chance.

Thanks!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Just get a corrected DD214. I found a mistake on mine a couple of years after I retired, went to the nearest PSD and they fixed it. It was easy.

Worst case, every service has a board you can apply to for record corrections. Find the USAFs and make an application.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I had this done to correct some awards and a few other things on my DD-214 and it took them 9 1/2 months to finish it and send me the corrections. They pulled my service record for the duration and preparation for the board and no other use was allowed until they finished. If you will need access to your service records, just remember that they will not be available once the process starts.

android1010

I had this done to correct some awards and a few other things on my DD-214 and it took them 9 1/2 months to finish it and send me the corrections. They pulled my service record for the duration and preparation for the board and no other use was allowed until they finished. If you will need access to your service records, just remember that they will not be available once the process starts.

Good to know, Mbstroz. Once I am in the system I plan to get this started. I have 2 medals that I received from my active duty time that are not on my DD-124. Fortunately, I have the paperwork needed for that part...at least I hope what I have will suffice!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I had the same thing. I asked for 2 awards to be added and only had the info for 1. They ended up finding out I had 4 missing and gave them all to me and told me how to request my replacement NATO medals.

VPNAVY

Fly Navy!
Contributor
Good to know, Mbstroz. Once I am in the system I plan to get this started. I have 2 medals that I received from my active duty time that are not on my DD-124. Fortunately, I have the paperwork needed for that part...at least I hope what I have will suffice!

I was discharged the day (end of deployment) we hit the states back in 1967. Unfortunately, my squadron hadn't updated my DD-214 prior to discharge. About 10 years later I wanted to join the local VFW and my DD-214 didn't reflect our deployment (awards, etc.). I sent a letter to BUPERs and about a month later I received a letter outlining all the awards I was entitled to (but not listed on my DD-214). They also included awards (medals, etc.) issued by the Navy (i.e., Vietnam Service Medal, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, etc.) but not awards (medals, etc.) issued by Vietnam (they instructed me to acquire them outside the Navy). The bottom line is I didn't have to show or prove anything - I guess they just went their records with the squadron's deployment, etc.

Crux

I have a question. I was enlisted AD for just over 3 years in the AF (July 2, 2007 - July 22, 2010) Before I commissioned. I know I don't qualify for O-1E pay, but was wonder if I would qualify for O-1 with over 3 years of service, or does my pay start back at O-1 with less than two years of service? Thanks for any help.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The "years" on the pay charts are total active years, so yes, you should get O-1 >3 base pay.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The whole O1E thing doesn't really pay off significantly until you've got 6+ years of service. O1 >3 years = O1E pay. You will get less BAH though and your HHG move weight limit will be less.

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this situation. I'm a prior enlisted sailor who served on active duty from 2004-2008, and I had a break in service from Nov 2008 to Nov 2014. I'm currently receiving O-1E pay. My LES states that I have 7 years of service vs. 4 years of service. I went to the Newport PSD while I was at OCS, and the civilians told me the extra years of service were from my time in the IRR. I asked around and all the prior enlisted members who had a break in service were receiving the extra 3 years as well. I'm not sure if this is something thats going to bite me in the ass in the future. Another question I have is how would this affect the year I can retire, if I reach that point? Would the extra three years be counted or would the government only count the 4 years of active duty.

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Another question I have is how would this affect the year I can retire, if I reach that point? Would the extra three years be counted or would the government only count the 4 years of active duty.

The extra 3 years should be counted as reserve time and therefore not count toward your 20 to retire. At leas that is how my 3 years in college.....on active duty (In the STA-21 program)... are displayed on my statement of service.