• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSS changes as of 04AUG08

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Hours don't matter - graded items on flights that end in zero (or 8 or 9) count.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Roger that, so it's just the ratio of actual grades/mif for all graded flights measured against the previous group of studs, hours don't factor in at all. Thanks :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Roger that, so it's just the ratio of actual grades/mif for all graded flights measured against the previous group of studs, hours don't factor in at all. Thanks :D

Graded against the previous 50 or 200 (can't remember which they were using when I left) selectees (ie primary completers). So it isn't the classes directly ahead or behind you that matter generally.....it's the running trend of completers for the last few months and how they did at the stage you are at.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Graded against the previous 50 or 200 (can't remember which they were using when I left) selectees (ie primary completers). So it isn't the classes directly ahead or behind you that matter generally.....it's the running trend of completers for the last few months and how they did at the stage you are at.

Yeah that's what I meant, obviously most of my class left me in the dust awhile ago ;)

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
The way StuCon VT-28 explained it, it was completers in stage (not of program) that are used for last 50/200. Meaning that new class that just killed CPTs because they count (when they didn't use to), just gave your entire class a <30 NSS for that block. So classes ahead of you and behind you would potentially matter depending on where the block happens to fall in line with overall schedule of Primary/Advanced/whatever (MPTS only of course I assume).

Python

pilot
Contributor
The way StuCon VT-28 explained it, it was completers in stage (not of program) that are used for last 50/200. Meaning that new class that just killed CPTs because they count (when they didn't use to), just gave your entire class a <30 NSS for that block. So classes ahead of you and behind you would potentially matter depending on where the block happens to fall in line with overall schedule of Primary/Advanced/whatever (MPTS only of course I assume).

So CPTs do count? I swear I've heard both answers to that question dozens of times.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
So CPTs do count? I swear I've heard both answers to that question dozens of times.

They definitely did Feb 09. My class had amusingly low NSS' in CPTs. Potentially because the students didn't take it seriously enough, and partly because it was graded as a non-graded event.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
:eek:

Sorry, but was curious if anybody had an answer. Does anyone know if:

1) Warmup flight hours count towards total hours for NSS purposes? and

2) DOES total hours even factor towards NSS? (thought I had heard something to that effect to basically keep people from incompleting flights so they could get more practice in)

Reason I ask is I have already had several warmups due to skeds/weather, I'm currently 27 days since my last flight and they're talking about giving me TWO warmups. I'd obviously prefer only one if it will somehow affect me negatively.

Thanks guys

#1 Do you read your MCG? You have had 27 days to look this up!!! Ref #1 below Page I-9 Par 6. I don't expect you to know the expanded definition in Ref #2 Par 712.b(1). Summary...warmup grades don't count but keep in mind an optional warmup is only granted if it is UNSAT or MARGINAL. Also, be advised a RRU on a warmup flight will be considered the real deal. The flight unsat and ready room unsat are two separate tracks. You can attrite on the RRU path alone. See ref #1 around page I-20.

#2 "We're talkin' about practice?" No, hours don't matter. The more practice you speak of doesn't really matter in a grading sense. See ref #2 below Page VII-13 Par 712.b(1)(a-b)...Summary...The lowest grade performed on the same flight (initial, completion, whatever) is the one that counts. If you perform the same manuever on a completion flight the lowest grade still counts even if it makes a previously passed flight a MARGINAL or UNSAT. As far as more exposure to ground ops, course rules, etc. an arguement can be made that that helps most students. Bottom line...you are over thinking it.

Ref #1 - https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder2/1542.140C_CH1.pdf

Ref #2 - https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder2/1500.4G_CH2.pdf

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Summary...The lowest grade performed on the same flight (initial, completion, whatever) is the one that counts. If you perform the same manuever on a completion flight the lowest grade still counts even if it makes a previously passed flight a MARGINAL or UNSAT.

Let me get this straight. I'm on C4103 and in the optional warmup window. If I fuck away my ATS and get a 2 and the instructor decides to give me the warmup, that 2 will still count even if I 5 my ATS on the repeat C4103? The 5 doesn't "overwrite" the 2 on the optional?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
#Lots of words and references...

Thank you so much. Your reply saved me several minutes of wasted time since I would have said pretty much the same thing. Oh the kids these days....

Let me get this straight. I'm on C4103 and in the optional warmup window. If I fuck away my ATS and get a 2 and the instructor decides to give me the warmup, that 2 will still count even if I 5 my ATS on the repeat C4103? The 5 doesn't "overwrite" the 2 on the optional?

Are your reading comprehension skills lacking today? FlyBoyd just wrote "Summary...warmup grades don't count..." Here, I'll say it: Warmup grades don't count. FlyBoyd says that the lowest grade of an event is what counts... I'll spell it out for you. You go and fly a C4103 but only get the high work done due to weather. The flight is less than 75% of the H/X for that event, and is therefore incomplete. If you had received a 2 for an ATS, but then went out and got a 5 on the ATS on the C4103(2), you'd have a grade of 2 go toward your total score. Using the same example only for a C4104 (end of block), your overall grade would be UNSAT because of the 2 for the ATS (since 3 is required by EOB).

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Plarf, not ending in zero... stupid. Graded items on flights not ending in 86 (warmup) count. All others do not. It's all in the MCG, really.