• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSFW- Southwest pilot with stuck mic

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Doesn't the prowler have some wierd thing that makes it go Hot Mic/Stuck Mic all the time. I just remember listening to those dude's conversations all the time on work-ups/cruise. Granted it was on UHF so not like anybody even listens to that... :icon_wink

The -60B has that, as well. Somehow RAG instructors (you know, the experts in the platform) don't know about this and are baffled by it. Well, at least one guy was.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Relay in a Hornet can be entertaining when Radio 2 rants get broadcast on Tower around the boat.

SH-60OB

pilot
If the HF Crypto switch was in the wrong position in a SH-60B all ICS comms went out over radio. In MH-60R you can transmit on all the radios at the same time which is a HAWKLINK rant to the ASTAC just waiting to go out on Strike, Bridge to Bridge etc...

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doesn't the prowler have some wierd thing that makes it go Hot Mic/Stuck Mic all the time. I just remember listening to those dude's conversations all the time on work-ups/cruise. Granted it was on UHF so not like anybody even listens to that... :icon_wink
It could be the foot pedals that we (ECMOs) press to talk. Right's for ICS, left's for Radios..don't ask how many times I've screwed that up.

gotta_fly

pilot
I'll second SH-60OB's point about being able to select multiple radios at once. This is an easy way to look stupid, not that I've ever done that...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I'll second SH-60OB's point about being able to select multiple radios at once. This is an easy way to look stupid, not that I've ever done that...

Yeah... It's especially awesome when that XMIT light is burned out....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
[video]http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/kweejibo/Viddy-oh/?action=view¤t=DeathofanEra.mp4[/video]