• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSFW- Southwest pilot with stuck mic

TXSooner07

None
hahaha! Wow - what terrible timing. My dad told me a story once when he was giving his PA, a bird hit the cockpit window and he yelled into the PA "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!" Not nearly as bad as what you posted above though.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Would have been funnier (not) had he hit the PA instead. At least over ATC there's "plausible deniability"....

TXSooner07

None
I think as a result of this, they should address his points of SWA not having anymore hot flight attendants.

...And spend millions of dollars on some scientific study only to reveal there is "some" evidence but no action can be taken.

Flying Toaster

None
I think as a result of this, they should address his points of SWA not having anymore hot flight attendants.

Perhaps they should do something along the lines of certain clothing stores that hire "models" rather than the actual title, allowing them to discriminate on the basis of looks.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Perhaps they should do something along the lines of certain clothing stores that hire "models" rather than the actual title, allowing them to discriminate on the basis of looks.

What's wrong with this? Why hasn't an airline thought of charging a "pleasant atmosphere fee." I would gladly pay 50 extra bucks to have a hot stewardess (yes, I'm a sexist asshole) bring me my gin and tonic, instead of the usual battleaxe/george michaels usually handling the cabin.

Flying Toaster

None
What's wrong with this? Why hasn't an airline thought of charging a "pleasant atmosphere fee." I would gladly pay 50 extra bucks to have a hot stewardess (yes, I'm a sexist asshole) bring me my gin and tonic, instead of the usual battleaxe/george michaels usually handling the cabin.

Somewhere between getting sexually molested, free "plane crackers " and a small bag of peanuts served by said battleaxe, three screaming kids behind you, and two sweaty fat people on either side, the old mystique of flying commercial quickly disappears. I would easily pay 50 extra bucks to avoid at least a few of those.

Am I the only one when forced to choose my seating location online who thinks "where is the least likely place I'll end up next to fat people or kids and the most likely I'll end up next to an attractive female"? If so where would that be since I typically fail. At least with SW's self boarding/check-in you can game it enough to sit next to any talent that may be flying that day.

Is this a real thing or just something they talked about in Oceans 13?

Chicks I've known who work at places like that generally list their employment as "models" and since that title would be very optimistic in most of those cases, I would assume it's a relatively common position. That and I did a case study for a class about a lawsuit trying to end A&F's "discriminatory" hiring practices.

TXSooner07

None
Am I the only one when forced to choose my seating location online who thinks "where is the least likely place I'll end up next to fat people or kids and the most likely I'll end up next to an attractive female"? If so where would that be since I typically fail. At least with SW's self boarding/check-in you can game it enough to sit next to any talent that may be flying that day.

Haha, you're definitely not the only one. Looking online, you know if you see a bulk of 5 seats that are not available, it's definitely some family with screaming toddlers. However, the lone seat taken in 11A could most definitely be some talent on a business trip. Could also be an old, fat dude eating cheetos telling you about his new computer he just bought. I haven't flown SW enough to game their boarding system, so I usually am always stuck in a middle seat choosing between the least fattest duo in a row.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stupid guy was born a generation too early. He missed the golden age of commercial aviation.

Back then stewardesses (now Flight Attendants) were all female, were all younger than 30, had weight requirements with monthly weigh-ins (Too heavy? They then were grounded until they made weight.) They were all beautiful and pretty much horny. And they wanted to marry a potential airline captain who made more money relatively than most any professional of the day.

Timing is everything!

http://www.pbase.com/donboyd/memories_doyouremember_stewardesses

And always, always, beware of the stuck mic. :D

CAMike

None
Contributor
One former airline called PSA comes to mind. I've never seem such outstanding crew camaraderie since.

psacabincrew.jpg

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
What you don't see is all the other pilots listening in and laughing their asses off.