• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPQ by NAMI

silver236

None
The thing is that I don't have any interest in other fields. I'm looking through ground MOS's but nothing really interests me.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The thing is that I don't have any interest in other fields. I'm looking through ground MOS's but nothing really interests me.

......Stand by for the ass raping that comes with wanting to join the Marine Corps only to be a pilot...

silver236

None
It was a life long dream and now it's on the verge of being shattered. I just had my mind narrowly set on aviation that I did not think of any other options. I realize that I am a Marine Officer first before anything and that's what I have to keep on telling myself. At this point, I have already overcome the hurtful truth. I can't be a pilot......so be it. I still have the opportunity to serve my country as Marine.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It was a life long dream and now it's on the verge of being shattered. I just had my mind narrowly set on aviation that I did not think of any other options. I realize that I am a Marine Officer first before anything and that's what I have to keep on telling myself. At this point, I have already overcome the hurtful truth. I can't be a pilot......so be it. I still have the opportunity to serve my country as Marine.

Though it wasn't important enough to think about while you were evading being stopped by the cops on your motorcycle? The "dream" was over when you made some seriously piss poor decisions.

I realize that not everyone has a squeaky clean past (myself included) but actions indeed have consequences. I have a buddy here in Kingsville who was an arty guy. Maybe you can get in that way further on in your career.

silver236

None
Maybe, but for now my sole purpose is to serve my country as a Marine Officer. You'll live and learn from mistakes.

exNavyOffRec

Though it wasn't important enough to think about while you were evading being stopped by the cops on your motorcycle? The "dream" was over when you made some seriously piss poor decisions.

I realize that not everyone has a squeaky clean past (myself included) but actions indeed have consequences. I have a buddy here in Kingsville who was an arty guy. Maybe you can get in that way further on in your career.

Some people have a clean past, like me, because they were just plain lucky, if I had been caught just once I would have been done.

MasterBates

......Stand by for the ass raping that comes with wanting to join the Marine Corps only to be a pilot...

That is one of the forum "constants" that always got me.. Yes, I know we are/were Officers First, Aviators Second.. But we shit-hammer guys who want to fly and not join if they can't do that.

But for all the people who jump off the top rope onto people who want to be a pilot or nothing else, how many of them would have joined to be something other than a Pilot/NFO? I'm not talking about getting NPQ or washing out of flight school post commission, but how many of us joined TO be an Aviator/NFO and understood (or learned soon) that it's not all flying planes, choker whites and dining outs?

MasterBates

And to the OP.. As has been said, you made some shitty choices, now you are living with the repercussions of it.

People who are NPQ or NAA because of a physical issue, I feel for. I beat the rap with NOMI TWICE for what was a physical issue and an injury I had no control over, but I proved I could still safely fly and did so both times.

Guys not getting in because of what would have been a minor issue when I was applying (Minor Alcohol charges, similar) being told no, is one thing.

I don't think running from the cops on the street has ever really been acceptable.